Understood.org is looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics. Reporting to the Executive Director, Insights and Planning, the new role will own dashboarding, reporting, and critical thinking that lead to improvements and new ideas. Working in partnership with marketing leadership, data science and product teams, the senior manager will drive insights and measurement across all off-platform digital channels to support acquisition efforts and to drive reach and engagement.
The role requires thoughtful analysis of campaigns, an understanding of marketing fundamentals, and an ability to share insights and recommend actions to improve performance. You should be comfortable driving multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, build/maintain relationships with senior leaders, and holistically own deliverables.
Ideal candidates will have experience at a start-up, digital-first environment which markets a non-tangible product.
- Create, automate, and maintain dashboards that track marketing campaigns, conversion, and spend
- Draw actionable insights from dashboards for the marketing team
- Track performance of organization’s off-platform channel and content performance
- Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to track a variety of marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Analyze A/B tests to optimize marketing for specific audiences
- Leverage data to identify trends and opportunities to influence behavior
- Deliver actionable business intelligence and insights in clear and well-defined terms
- Define measurement frameworks, data visualization, and reporting to guide business growth and outcomes
- Partner with other functions
- Min. five years experience in marketing analytics
- Proficient in Excel
- Experienced in writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large datasets
- Understanding of marketing channels and social media
- Experience with hypothesis testing and analyzing A/B tests
- Strong background with visualization tools (e.g. Looker, GDS, etc.)
- Knowledge of measuring marketing effectiveness
- Understanding of Python/R a plus
- Analytical thinker
- Proactively asks “why?” & goes looking for answers
- Strong communication skills
- Possesses relationship-building skills
- Passionate about data and analytics
- Knows how to manage up/down/across in regards to expectations
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability, to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.