Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it's unique:
- Your role will be to take ownership of generating insights and recommendations to shape our product roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
- You will partner closely with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, UX Research, and Operations to define, prioritize and execute initiatives that drive business growth.
- You will develop analytical frameworks, observational analyses, models, features or metrics that leverage the massive scale of Underdog’s user base to understand user behavior, and to optimize the experience at all stages of the user journey.
- Create edge-of-the-seat product and customer insights that enable Product Directors/Managers to define strategy and prioritize roadmaps
- Influence decision makers in cross-functional teams by (re)defining key metrics of success, building data-driven narratives on growth opportunities, and sizing outcomes
- Partner with Product, Technology, Design, and other teams to ideate, test, and launch product features; own deep-dive analysis of post-launch impact and recommendations to optimize product experience
- Maintain a constant pulse on health of the business & product by tracking KPIs against targets and conducting investigations of key trends and their underlying drivers
- Design and execute experiments/AB tests, analyze/interpret results to impact product performance
- Implement analytical solutions to support key product objectives
- Develop and implement data visualizations and interactive dashboards to facilitate communication and insights generation to stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or similarly quantitative field
- 3 + years of experience in analytics, product strategy, management consulting, business intelligence, with experience analyzing large datasets and developing statistical solutions
- Experience influencing decision makers across cross-functional teams using insights generated through quantitative and qualitative data and analyses
- Ability to synthesize data into actionable insights across all levels of stakeholders (business, technical, and executives)
- Extensive experience with large-scale datasets using SQL and programming languages such as Python or R
- Proven experience developing and implementing data visualizations and dashboards to communicate insights to stakeholders (Tableau/Looker etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Ability to work autonomously and lead initiatives across multiple product areas
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate complex analyses to non-technical stakeholders
Even better if you have…
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms and data warehousing solutions (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, GCP)
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in product analytics and data science
Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $105,000 and $200,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate.
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.