What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Sports Information Associate, you’ll help us build out the best news team in the industry as we expand our coverage to the WNBA. You’ll be responsible for leading our WNBA news team and working cross-functionally with the NBA team during the NBA season!
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor real-time feed for injury news, lineup information, and practice reports
- React to news in a timely manner to power the Underdog Twitter feeds (@Underdog_WNBA, @Underdog__NBA)
- Produce comprehensive blurbs with actionable takeaways for each news item
- Ensure our admin resources and content pieces are accurate and up-to-date
- Assist the team with various tasks as needed
Who you are:
- A self-motivated individual who is a quick learner with an attention to detail
- Passionate about breaking news
- Willingness to work late nights and weekends around the sports calendar
- Possess extensive WNBA and NBA knowledge
Even better if you have…
- Experience running a news account
- Familiarity with Tweetdeck
- Working MLB knowledge
- Ability to process large amount of information at once in a timely manner
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!