What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the Director of Product for Sports Betting you will launch our first sports betting app and be an integral part of defining our future plans for the Sports Betting vertical. You will be directly responsible for managing a team of Product Managers (two to start) and will drive our roadmap and planning process. We’re looking for someone with a passion for the sports betting industry who can help Underdog build an innovative and player friendly experience.
*Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Directly responsible for driving the roadmap and leading the planning process for the Sports Betting vertical
- Translate high level company strategies into specific priorities and objectives
- Drive the discovery process for new feature development - specifically for large/ambiguous features
- Track the success of new and existing features within Sports Betting, identifying areas for improvement/iterations
- Regularly report on the key business metrics for Sports Betting, play an active role in team/company wide meetings
- Define and drive more effective planning, prioritization, and documentation. Implement new processes that allow the team to increase their velocity and quality.
- Manage 2 direct reports, with the ability to take on more if needed
- Actively work with direct reports to identify career goals, and set clear expectations on what they need to achieve to continue advancing in their product management career
- Proactively deliver feedback to direct reports, create action plans for improvement
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in the sports betting industry and help conduct competitive analysis
Who you are:
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the sports betting industry, you are up to date with the latest trends
- Ability to play any role necessary to drive product development forward, you actively identify gaps within the team and fill them without being asked
- Proactively seeks opportunities to bring others along and help them understand product strategy, shifting priorities, or difficult trade-offs
- An expert at transforming conflicting or ambiguous inputs from customers and stakeholders into clear and actionable plans
- An experimentation mindset centered around forming clear hypotheses and creating ways to quickly validate or invalidate new ideas
- 5+ years of product management experience
Even better if you have…
- Experience working in the sports betting or daily fantasy sports industries
- Experience working within a regulated industry
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $170,000 and $230,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!