What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As VP of Marketing, you’ll serve as a key leader within Underdog to drive our growth efforts, including setting strategy, executing, and measuring results. You’ll collaborate with executives as well as manage a team of employees to lead customer acquisition, adoption, retention, and re-activation across both paid and organic channels!
What you’ll do:
- Design and lead implementation of growth strategy by using paid and owned media channels to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention in a scalable and efficient way
- Lead, manage and execute SEO strategy
- Develop the vision and own end-to-end strategy for growing key online and offline marketing channels including Facebook, Google, Performance TV etc.
- Assist in building forecasts and projections that relate to the expected ROI on marketing campaigns, traffic and user acquisition, and other areas of marketing that require robust financial analysis
- Lead a testing agenda focused on unlocking new channels and strategies to deliver step function efficiency and scale of the acquisition program
- Work with the data team to establish and own key metrics driving the acquisition function, setting a high bar for the team and our partners in terms of analytical rigor
- Rigorously measure KPI’s and communicate insights into drivers of performance and opportunities to Underdog employees and executive team
- Own budgeting, forecasting and investment justification
- Grow and lead a team by building vision and motivating team members through coaching, feedback, and change management
Who you are:
- Previous experience in traditional Growth Marketing and Digital Acquisition Marketing
- Ability to synthesize, analyze and interpret data (including KPI reports) and transfer into actionable steps
- Deep understanding of Marketing Technology and media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.)
- A track record with hyper-growth or scaled companies with success in building and executing growth strategies for both
- Ability to easily navigate marketing strategy, creative concepts and performance across B2C and B2C targets
- Experience in budget and resource management for multiple projects
Even better if you have…
- Analytical experience solving complex marketing problems using analytics/ business intelligence tools such as SQL, Tableau, etc..
- Experience managing direct teams as well as cross-functional teams and proven track record of performance optimization
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $180,000 and $200,000 depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!