What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Product Manager, Payments you will be responsible for driving innovation of the payments platform at Underdog. You will work closely with stakeholders from the Fantasy and Sports Betting verticals to understand their needs and build a payments platform that supports all Underdog customers. This is a highly cross functional role that sits within our Core Services team. The Core team is responsible for building and maintaining all shared services at Underdog including authentication, authorization, player account management, responsible gaming, payments, wallet, and fraud/AML tools.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the payments engineering team to build and optimize our payments platform, focusing on adding new payment options, increasing payout speed/options, and minimizing fraud.
- Partner with your manager and peers to set product strategy, identify and introduce new payments products, while ensuring that our existing offerings provide great end-to-end experiences for customers.
- Write clear user stories and product requirement documentation.
- Keep product documentation up to date and maintain development speed by responding to developer questions in a timely manner.
- Lead stand-ups, grooming, planning, and retro sessions with your development team.
- Set success metrics for new features/products and track metrics post launch to guide iterative improvements.
- Play an active role in cross-team collaboration, creating new processes when necessary to more effectively stay aligned.
- Ensure design & engineering are engaged stakeholders in all product initiatives. Proactively solicit their input for roadmap decisions & planning.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of responsible gaming best practices.
- Keep up to date with the latest payment technologies and the competitive environment.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated experience driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines
- Knowledge of payment technologies, or the desire to work on payment platforms
- Experience leveraging both quantitative and qualitative information to proactively identify ways for your product to deliver on business goals/KPI’s
- An experimentation mindset centered around forming clear hypotheses and creating ways to quickly validate or invalidate new ideas
- An expert at transforming conflicting or ambiguous inputs from customers and stakeholders into clear and actionable plans
- Ability to create a culture of inclusion and empathy within your team, creating a safe space for open and honest communication
Even better if you have…
- Experience in payments, financial services, or fintech
- Experience with payment processing and integrating payment platforms
- Experience working within a regulated industry
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $145,000 and $180,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we're willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!