Hi, we’re Underdog!
We’re the fastest-growing sports gaming company ever.
Our mission is to build innovative games and products for American sports fans.
Founded in 2020, our team built three of today's most widely played fantasy games and successfully launched the largest contest in the history of fantasy sports: a $15M NFL Best Ball tournament -- and there’s a lot more to come! Underdog’s modern tech environment and in-house product development allow us to continuously deliver the best experiences for our users.
The opportunity in front of us to become the biggest company in our space is massive; after all, we’re currently sitting in the fastest-growing consumer industry in the U.S. In just over two years, we reached a nearly $500 million valuation through some of the best investors in the game, including Mark Cuban, Kevin Durant, BlackRock, and SV Angel. We are many times larger now and our growth is not slowing down.
At Underdog, we believe that sports are for everyone and are building a tomorrow for every fan. Want to help create that future? Join us.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
About the role and why it's unique:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product infrastructure and how we deploy our software
- Troubleshoot and improve our current backend applications and processes
- Collaborate with the team and product manager from start to finish, openly communicating issues, asking clarifying questions, raising concerns when needed
- Eventually design and develop clean, well-structured, and maintainable code to build new backend features for our sportsbook product
- Advocate for best practices to create strong foundational development practices for our growing team
- Be open to feedback and collaboration with other developers to accomplish tasks at hand
Who you are:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Passionate about software development, with fluency in C# and familiarity with .NET Core
- Experience building highly scalable, available distributed systems to handle high traffic conditions with low latency
- Interest in leveraging cutting edge technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, and an excitement for designing and building new infrastructure features
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with both engineers and product
Even better if you have...
- Proficiency working in GCP or other cloud infrastructures like AWS or Azure
- Understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, integration testing
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with REST services
What we can offer you:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks)
- A $500 home office allowance
- Underdog credits to play on our platform
- A connected virtual first culture with a highly engaged distributed workforce
- 5% 401k match, FSA, company paid health, dental, vision plan options for employees and dependents
Still not sure? Don't take our word for it. See what other people have to say.
- 5.0 rating on Glassdoor and a 100% CEO Approval rating
- A+ culture score on Comparably
- Recognized as Best Place to Work by Front Office Sports
- Recognized by Comparably under the following awards: Best CEOs for Women, Best CEOs for Diversity, Best Company for Career Growth, Best Company in New York, Best Company Outlook
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We built our unique culture on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value our employees' mental, physical, and emotional health and continuously ask ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status, or any other defining characteristic.