UncommonGoods is an online retailer that offers creatively designed, high-quality merchandise. We proudly serve as one of the founding members of the B Corporation, a carefully screened network of socially responsible businesses. Our team is comprised of friendly, fun and hard-working people who all work towards the same goal: to be our team member’s favorite place to work and our customer’s favorite place to shop.
As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will work to help scale social advertising efforts geared towards growing profitable e-commerce revenue. This role is for someone who is able to find efficient growth via Facebook and Pinterest, and who will explore opportunities in other channels such as Instagram, Twitter as well as emerging platforms. You thrive in building, maintaining and optimizing digital advertising campaigns and have an experimental and methodological approach. The position requires a blend of creativity, analytical skill, perseverance and results-oriented problem solving.
We are in the early stages of building and scaling social advertising and believe in the unique potential of social to convert audiences on social networks into delighted UncommonGoods customers. This position will help take our progress to-date to the next level.
- Champion growth of paid social commerce across multiple channels, primarily Facebook and Pinterest
- Test hypotheses and create actionable insights based on findings to inform next steps in our campaign strategy
- Author weekly social media reporting inclusive of organic
- Work with other departments (e.g. product development, creative and merchandising) to ensure goal and strategy alignment, as well as to maintain brand identity
- Structure in-depth, ad hoc analyses to uncover trends and patterns that would otherwise go undetected
- Audit measurement and listening tools. Provide recommendations on necessary tool set to measure advertising effectiveness and to drive insights
- Support goal development and refinement using available cross-device and attribution data
- Analyze competitor performance and results to inform in-house strategy
- Identify, research and test additional platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and on other emerging channels
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of hands-on ecommerce marketing experience, including some form of social advertising
- A self-starter mentality, a strong sense of ownership, and an insatiable appetite for learning
- Moderate to advanced Excel experience (pivot tables, graphs etc.)
- Demonstrable success in improving account performance in direct response Facebook and/or Pinterest advertising, and a desire to champion both. Similar online ad experience will be considered as well.
- Ability to uncover insights from data and use quantitative methods to answer questions and to find opportunities for optimization
- An eye for good design and can create ad concepts quickly leveraging basic design thinking (note: graphics design experience is not required but is considered a plus)
- A passion for marketing, social advertising and a positive attitude in all regards
- A desire to remain up-to-date with trends, new features and functionalities in social advertising
- Familiarity with Facebook Ads Manager/Power Editor or equivalent, including bulk upload is a plus.
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
Benefits & Company Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including health and dental insurance
- Stock options
- Casual work atmosphere
- Monthly Company snacks, lunches, and team events!
Sound like a good fit? To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
UncommonGoods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer