Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Warehouse Operations Associate is key member of our Outbound team. As the last team members to handle our shipments, they play a major role in delighting our customers with the perfect order experience. They perform a variety of duties in our fulfillment operation including picking, packing, and shipping inventory to our customers. Success in this role is defined by the Operations Associate’s ability to by meet productivity goals and ensure accuracy and quality of our costumer’s orders.
This is a fully onsite role. You will work at our Brooklyn headquarters in Sunset Park. COVID safety protocols: Masks are required for all team members while working onsite; Vaccinated team members must be tested monthly; Unvaccinated team members must be tested weekly.
- Accurately and carefully pick, pack, and ship customer orders
- Achieve set standards for productivity, quality, and accuracy
- Follow warehouse policies to ensure a safe and clean work area
- Show a sense of urgency and flexibility when working in the operation
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the team, peers, and management through respectful and professional communication and actions
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be comfortable standing for 7+ hours
- Availability to work shifts as assigned. In peak, AM and PM shifts are available, as well as weekend shifts which include an extra $1/hr bonus pay.
- Competitive hourly wage at $20 / hr
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and regular testing for all on-site team members; PPE, including masks, is required; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, you must submit the following: