Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer (Contract) to help with various features and product offerings on our website, including our gift center, experiences, and subscriptions. The right candidate for this role has the experience to take our ideas from concept to prototype to MVP, with the organization and communication skills needed to carry us forward in the development process. You’ll work closely with our Growth Product Team and report to our UX Manager for a minimum of 6 months.
Obviously, you love to design products for the web. You love the process too—research, group collaboration, agile iterations, etc.. You’re an imaginative problem-solver and you’re not afraid to question the status quo. You also possess a deep sense of empathy for the user, and you have the ability to consider their thoughts, feelings, and actions at every stage in the design process.
- Collaborate regularly with Growth Product Manager, UX Manager, Developers, and Creative team on the development of Recipient Profiles, a unique new feature UncommonGoods will be offering our registered users.
- Create Minimum Viable Products and prototypes to validate ideas
- Maintain consistency with brand, web style guide, and industry standard methodologies
- Conduct thorough customer research, competitor analysis, and user testing
- Deliver detailed design documentation including user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines
- Ensure quality and consistency across devices and throughout design process from ideation to design, QA, and deployment
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
- 3+ years of UX Design experience, e-commerce experience a plus
- Experience with Responsive Web Design across screen sizes and device types
- Experience with mobile-specific UX
- Experience with customer research, user testing, and analysis
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Advanced experience with design and prototyping tools including Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Remote work environment
When applying, please include:
- Cover Letter (optional)
**We are only accepting applicants located in Tri State Area**