Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Inventory Control Seasonal Team Leads are the backbone of our fulfillment center. They are hardworking leaders who work side by side with our warehouse supervisors to execute the day-to-day work on the floor. The Inventory Control team leads support process and system improvements, train, coach, and lead a specific area during our peak season. They are real-time problem-solvers who support and execute the fulfillment of each order.
You thrive in fast-paced environment. You are focused on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity to work in a fulfilment center. You are meticulous and deliver high standards in your work. You make the people around you better. You are trustworthy and a team player that is always willing to lend a hand, and help others be successful in their role.
- Provide assistance in training and development of new hires across stock-keeping and Inventory transaction control.
- Participate in the creation of training plans and documenting process.
- Lead and motivate the warehouse team to achieve efficiency targets and quality goals.
- Assist in the supervision of warehouse associates engaged in putaway, replen, and cycle counting.
- Supervises the flow of all inventory across floors; ensures inventory is accurately counted, slotted, and putaway into proper storage containers.
- Resolves inventory discrepancies across departments regarding exceptions. Investigates root cause analysis to minimize inventory adjustments.
- Handle general employee inquiries and solve exceptions within the scope of the position.
- Perform and support job requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Self-prioritize and manage time wisely.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Team Lead or Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Experience in retail, warehouse, manufacturing, or wholesale environments preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized and strong work ethic.
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and adapt to changes.
- Experience with MS Office and Excel including basic formulas, and VLOOKUP.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long hours.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Competitive hourly wage at $19/hr
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and regular testing for all on-site team members; PPE, including masks, is required; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, you must submit the following: