Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring a team of motivated, extremely organized, and meticulous Seasonal Human Resources Interns. Do you care deeply about promoting a positive experience for others? Are you interested in developing a career in HR in a people-first environment? This role will provide you with experience in high-volume recruiting, onboarding, and team member relations through the hiring of our company's seasonal team. This is a full-time, seasonal position expected to last until December 2021.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Utilize proactive recruiting techniques and our recruiting processes to hire qualified and hardworking individuals
- Using our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Greenhouse to update candidates on their interview status
- Manage applicant pipelines, including posting requisitions, performing phone screening, and scheduling interviews; maintain a high quality of service throughout a candidate's interview and onboarding experience
- Maintain and update reports and records
- Participate in weekly recruitment meetings with assigned departments to maintain open dialogue on progress; proactively connect with managers to understand the current and changing needs of each open role
- Enter team member data into HRIS – ADP WorkforceNow
- Process new hire documentation, including seasonal offer letters and maintaining E-verify for all I-9 documentation
- Answer team member inquiries and resolve problems in a timely, thoughtful manner
- Work on assigned projects independently, as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Can work independently and with others to hire quality team members in a fast-paced environment
- Are proactive, organized, and able to prioritize effectively
- Exercise proper judgment in maintaining confidentiality
- Have familiarity with database systems and Excel
- Are comfortable speaking to large groups of people and are able direct others in a calm, professional manner
- Approach your work with curiosity and proactively seek out learning opportunities
- Are local to the Brooklyn, NY area: this position will be partially remote and partially onsite on a weekly rotating schedule; a computer and a stable home internet connection are required.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter, including why you want to work for Uncommon Goods and a description of your recruitment experience