Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Product Manager leads the product teams that manage the development cycle and prioritization of technology initiatives for our internal team members and warehouse operations. This includes 3rd party software, such as our HRIS, homegrown software applications like our vendor extranet or WMS, and everything in between! The Lead Product Manager will collaborate cross functionally with different departments to build a cohesive roadmap strategy across multiple product teams and lead product and engineering in the execution of that strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Directly manage a product team while also mentoring team members, including Product Managers with their own product teams, Scrum Masters, and Product Analysts
- Drive the overarching product strategy and maintain the product roadmap for internal product teams; nurture innovative ideas that drive revenue and/or cost savings
- Lead strategic conversations with company leadership and department partners; summarize work completed and present on results to company leadership
- Build initial return on investment cases to drive the prioritization of new initiatives and evaluate work completed based on initial value estimations and predetermined metrics for success
- Evaluate 3rd party software as needed, including contract negotiation, ongoing vendor management, and build vs. buy analysis
- Work collaboratively with the broader Product Management team to represent your product perspective in resource allocation and other critical decisions
- Write clear and thoughtful user stories; run Agile Scrum ceremonies that include Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, and Sprint Planning
- Create clear documentation around current and future state workflows, user pain points, and engineering requirements
- Conduct discovery and sizing sessions with internal partners, developers, UX, and QA
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years leading a cross-departmental product roadmap, preferably in the e-commerce space
- 3+ years leading successful teams
- Advanced Excel, SQL skills a plus
- Proven mastery working within an Agile framework and SCRUM implementation, with JIRA or similar tool
- Ability to take a data-driven approach in balancing multiple priorities
- Benefits package includes subsidized medical/dental insurance premiums, generous PTO, paid family leave, and 401(k) with company match.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Public transportation and Citi Bike subsidies.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter