Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
As the Brand Marketing Manager, you’ll work closely with the marketing, merchandising and creative teams to develop marketing campaigns, design marketing calendars, and thoughtfully concept every touchpoint on the customer journey. We're looking for someone with a great mix of creative and analytical skills to own our email, SMS, and organic social programs and plan marketing messages across channels. Rather than marketing to an audience, we aim to develop relationships and connect with customers in meaningful ways. If you're an empathetic marketer who also knows their way around a spreadsheet, we'd love to meet you!
The Brand Manager will report to the Director of Online Marketing.
- Outline objectives and help determine deliverables for all channels and campaigns
- Collaborate across teams to plan homepage and organic social content
- Write and deliver effective creative briefs
- Lead our email, SMS, and organic social programs. You’ll design quarterly content plans and testing strategies, write creative briefs, optimize and implement new program features, and be responsible for overall program performance
- Work with a cross-departmental team to design quarterly and yearly marketing calendars, including the campaign and messaging strategy
- Serve as a marketing partner to business owners across departments, helping define and execute channel assets
- Lead and mentor a small team
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant marketing experience preferred
- A passion for creative problem solving. Highly accountable, self-motivated, and dedicated.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with creative teams to execute brand/content deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze marketing performance.
- The benefits package includes subsidized medical/dental insurance premiums, generous PTO, paid family leave, and 401(k) with company match.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Public transportation and Citi Bike subsidies.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all on-site team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
This job is based in Brooklyn, NY. The team will be working remotely until on or about September 1, 2021. We are only hiring in the Tri-State area.
When applying please include the following:
- Cover letter