Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a wide variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Uncommon Goods Merchandising team drives the product assortments that we feature in our website and key marketing channels and leads the process for our New Item Pipeline. The Senior Manager will lead the assortment strategy and the execution in line with the vision that the Chief Merchandising Officer sets for the company. The Senior Manager understands that art and science of Merchandising and can build assortments that will drive revenue and create brand loyalty. Success in this role is defined by how their strategies positively impact our customer’s perception of the Uncommon Goods brand and achievement of the sales revenue goals for the company.
The Senior Manager, Site Merchandising & Pipeline will report to the Chief Merchandising Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Lead and manage the entire Site Merchandising process in collaboration with the Buying, Creative, and Marketing teams.
- Execute quarterly/monthly/weekly briefs for all key digital marketing channels (email, homepage, landing pages, and gift guides).
- Lead the execution of the New Item Pipeline (1700+ new products per year) and ensure the weekly target of new items are launched successfully.
- Elevate the Uncommon Goods consumer journey by continuously optimizing online navigation, landing pages, and search results based on web analytics data.
- Accountable for driving web site performance through key site merchandising critical metrics: conversion and add to cart.
- Own monthly/quarterly Site Merchandising and New Item KPI results and goal performance reporting to Leadership Team.
- Provide recommendations for future site and conversion enhancements by blueprinting the ideal consumer journey and executing the strategy on site.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing is preferred.
- Passion for the Uncommon Goods brand.
- 5-7 years of experience working in Ecommerce management, with a close focus on content, site merchandising, and site optimization.
- Relevant Site Merchandising experience, including launching new products, building seasonal shops, managing attribution/filters, on-site search, features/functions optimizations, and aligning landing pages to content.
- Experience successfully mentoring and developing a small team.
- Empathetic collaborator with excellent analytic and verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and successfully execute plans to drive business performance and category goals.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, come to conclusions, and recommend actions.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and has attention to details.
- In depth knowledge of Google Analytics and Microsoft Office programs.
**This job is based in Brooklyn, NY. The team will be working remotely until on or about September 1, 2021. We are only hiring in the Tri-State area.**
- Benefits package includes subsidized medical/dental insurance premiums, generous PTO, paid family leave, and 401(k) with company match.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Public transportation and Citi Bike subsidies.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and regularly for all on-site team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter