ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a team of ambitious, detail-oriented, Seasonal Exceptions Representatives (Work from Home) to join our Customer Service Team. Our front-line customer service team helps our customers via phone, email, and chat, but there's more to customer service than that. The people who handle our behind-the-scenes service issues make up our Exceptions Team: they process credits, handle returns, proactively contact customers if their order is delayed, and analyze contacts for trends. Basically, they make sure our customers are happy and provide a seamless experience. This position is fully remote and lasts through the end of December.
You are extremely detail-oriented, self-directed, and hardworking. You can handle not only phone calls, emails, and chats, but can also switch gears immediately to handle the Exceptions workload. You are incredibly bright, enthusiastic, dedicated, and care about the customer experience. You offer the same personable interaction that you’d want to receive as a customer to create an exceptional experience.
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Monitor and handle daily exceptions with customer orders, which includes but is not limited to processing returns and outstanding customer orders, and making customer contact via phone and email.
- Offer the same personable interaction that you’d want as a customer with each contact.
- Look for problems – alert the leadership team and help us determine and execute the best solution for these problems.
- Work quickly and with the highest levels of accuracy.
- Manage your time well.
- Be responsive and flexible, open to change in processes, and able to take and provide clear direction.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Your written communication must be flawless.
- Extensive experience with problem-solving, de-escalation techniques, coordinating, and executing issue resolution.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
- You must be able to work on a small team as well as on your own. You’re self-directed and self-motivated.
- Flexibility is needed as schedules may vary week to week. We'll be open 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve, and we’re open every day of the year.
- This is a 100% remote position. Applicants must be able to work from home in a quiet location with minimal disruptions.
- Applicants are expected to provide their own computer, reliable high-speed internet, a headset, and a desk or table and a chair to work on.
- Applicants must have video capabilities for meetings, training, and coaching sessions.
- We are only accepting applications from people located in New York State.
- Competitive hourly rate at $20.50/hr
- No commute. Just walk to your desk.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, you must submit the following:
UncommonGoods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer