ABOUT THE ROLE
The Facilities Department supports all areas of our operation across three floors. We are looking for Seasonal Maintenance Associates to join our Facilities team. You will be focused on supporting our Operations departments and team members in our warehouse spaces. During Peak Season (mid November thru late December), we will be working varying shifts between 6:00AM to 1:30AM, as well as weekends.
You take pride in your work and know that a great working environment helps every team member achieve their best. You communicate respectfully, effectively, and professionally with all employees. You have a strong sense of urgency to complete work and a willingness to show initiative.
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Trash removal and cardboard recycle handling from designated areas
- Clean and maintain bathrooms; also sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming and polishing other areas
- Operate powered bailer, compactor and pallet jacks in safe and efficient manner
- Assist with the setup/breakdown for company events
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- This is a physically active position. Ability to push, pull, bend, reach or squat consistently and lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; Stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to execute direction from management or lead on a project or task
- Previous experience in a Facilities / Maintenance role
- Experience with electrical installation/maintenance, plumbing, painting, and carpentry is a plus
- Competitive pay rate, $18 per hour, plus an additional $2 per hour worked as a “Thank You Pay” bonus
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, please submit the following:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume.
UncommonGoods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer