ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking someone who is extremely well-organized and detail-oriented to join our team as a Seasonal Vendor Operations Coordinator. This will be a fully remote position requiring you to have a private space with a computer/laptop, stable internet connection, and headset. This role is expected to last until approximately 12/24/20.
You are detail oriented and a great communicator. You have strong problem-solving skills and will go above and beyond to get the job done. You are great at problem solving, prioritizing your workload and comfortable working independently. You are willing to work as part of a Team and are innovative.
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Assist our vendors via phone and email regarding order and or account inquiries, including short-term transitioning to drop shipping.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with internal and external teams.
- Maintain vendor relationships while driving performance improvements and program growth through communication
- Managing on time metrics, resolving order problems and cancellations and partner with vendors on sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Lead and develop strong relationships with internal departments to ensure operational standards and best practices are supported throughout the holiday season.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, through email and in person
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Track record for exceeding expectations and striving for excellence
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Comfort working with Microsoft Excel Knowledge of Zendesk Ticketing System is a plus
**ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FROM NEW YORK STATE***
Remote work location must meet the following requirements:
- A space that contains a suitable workstation and a chair for working as well as a headset for taking calls.
- A windows 7 or 10 laptop or desktop. If using a mac must be running high sierra minimum
- Access to a reliable DSL internet connection
- Ability to work remotely from the same location for all shifts
- Ability to resolve basic computer, internet and phone connectivity issues
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company, we welcome you to apply.
- Competitive salary.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.