ABOUT THE JOB
Our Seasonal Warehouse Fulfillment Leads are an essential part of our fulfillment center. They help oversee the cycle of our merchandise from picking to shipping. They are talented leaders that train operations associates on how to reach operational excellence. Our Outbound Team understands that customer experience is a focal point in our operation. This is a part time seasonal job until November where the role becomes full time seasonal, with overtime opportunities.
- You can motivate a team to deliver great productivity with the best quality
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and can remain calm under pressure
- You can hold your team accountable for performance and productivity
- You know when to escalate issues
- You along with a team can meet daily expectations and goals
- You can take and execute directions from multiple people
- You are detail oriented, organized, and can multitask
- You are punctual and ready to work
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Train Operations Associates on job duties, policies and procedures
- Monitor and enforce process to associates engaged in picking, packing and shipping of customer orders
- Collaborate with managers to coordinate daily workload
- Guide associates on shift to meet productivity, efficiency and quality targets
- Be mindful of time and know how to manage it wisely
- Support all job requirements as directed by supervisors and/or managers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in fulfillment center, warehouse, manufacturing, or wholesale environments preferred
- Lead or Supervisory experience is a plus
- Competitive hourly wage at $19/hr, plus an additional $2 per hour "Thank you Pay" bonus!
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, you must submit the following:
- A perfectly formatted resume