ABOUT THE ROLE
Analytics works with numerous departments across UncommonGoods to turn data into insights. We are building out our data infrastructure and building out the team to take advantage of it. This role will play a key part in spreading data culture throughout the company, allowing other departments to make better, faster, and more data-rich decisions.
- Work closely with our analytics and technology teams to improve our new data warehouse.
- Add new data sources to the data warehouse pipeline, such as Google Analytics 360, Google Search Console, Listrak, and many other third-parties.
- Transform data by creating views in the data warehouse to simplify data retrieval.
- Manage and improve our third-party web site tags with assistance from developers and assist in our migration from Google Analytics Classic to Universal.
- Manage our third-party data feeds (Facebook, Google Shopping, Listrak, etc.) and make changes when needed.
- Take on other technical and analytical projects as you demonstrate your abilities and interests.
This is an intermediate-level position, and we’re looking for someone with the ambition to help the company get more accurate and easily accessible data. You’ll be working with a team of experienced data scientists and technologists that will help shape your development. You’ll initially be focusing on our new data warehouse that we started building this year.
We also want a great collaborator; someone whose written and verbal skills match their technical ones.
Lastly, we want someone who shares a belief in our mission, and who wants to work at a company where doing good is as valued as doing well.
UncommonGoods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on people and our planet. Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, Better To Giveprogram, and cool team members you might be working with.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Proficiency with SQL and databases (we use Postgres, Redshift, and Oracle)
• Experience with one or more programming languages such as Python, R, or Java
• Experience with ETL tools such as Airflow, AWS DMS, and FiveTran
• Experience with ecommerce and retail
• Experience with AWS Redshift
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Experience with version control such as Git
• Experience with BI platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker (we use Tableau)
• Knowledge of software development best practices
• Robust benefits package with generous PTO, 401(k) with company match, and paid family leave
• Stock options
• Casual work atmosphere, company snacks, lunches, and team events
• 40% discount on our products
To apply, please submit the following
• Cover Letter (Make it Uncommon!)
• (optional) Examples of past work such as: papers, blog posts, and other publications; links to Github or other code repositories.
UncommonGoods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer