ULTRA MOBILE is seeking a talented Data Analyst II, Coverage & Devices to join the Office of Enterprise Information Management team! Individual reports to Manager, Reporting & Analysis. Role is remote - must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data Analyst II, Coverage & Devices is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role on the Reporting & Analytics team that is responsible for the delivery of in-depth data analyses, reporting and visualization of key business processes and performance indicators with specialization in the Coverage & Devices business and data domains. This position provides mentorship, thought leadership and detailed analysis insight expertise to the team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Develop a rich understanding of coverage and device data sources, touch points and related business processes.
- Conduct varied ad-hoc and recurring coverage quality assessments to understand market, network and industry trends and identify opportunities for growth.
- Analyze current and forward-looking network and device adoption characteristics using internally and externally sourced data, information and tools.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and EIM team members to align on coverage and device related initiatives.
- Present complex business data in easily consumed reports, dashboards and visualizations.
- Work with business stake holders and data architects to enable analytical requirements through the extraction of data from both the Business Intelligence Semantic layer and source systems.
- Provide data impact analysis in support of planned changes in business processes.
- Partner with Data Stewards to document business processes and the CRUD impact to data within those processes.
- Support Data Science modeling efforts.
- Assist teams in other departments with SQL related questions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills. Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Expert SQL query development skills.
- Advanced-level understanding of data extraction tools and techniques.
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Familiarity with SQL Server, Hive, Impala and Snowflake query constructs.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
- Programming experience and a demonstrated interest in statistical analysis, informatics, analytics, or business intelligence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting/group.
- Experience conducting geo-spatial analyses greatly preferred.
- Experience with ArcGIS preferred.
- Wireless Telecommunications experience greatly preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Looker and Tableau preferred.
- Proficiency in languages such as Python preferred.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $95,000- $120,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.