ULTRA MOBILE is seeking a talented Software Engineer II to join the Engineering Team! Individual reports to Sr. Director, Engineering. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Engineer II, you will build customer facing tools and experiences that help make complicated decisions easier for visitors. You’ll be contributing to the software design and delivery of both current and future products. This role is primarily focused on front end development with opportunities to work on full stack software. You’ll have to be flexible and quick, but you won’t be alone. We have a strong team of leads and engineers who will mentor and guide you to success.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Implement changes on our public ecommerce platforms.
- Work with the team to plan, build, test, and deploy new features.
- Primarily focus on front end engineering work, but with constant exposure to backend systems.
- Help make our ecommerce software better for both customers and engineers.
- Identify improvements and follow through with an execution plan - leading to deployment of your ideas in weeks.
- Innovate and push web technologies to their limits.
- Work with the team to implement and improve automated testing platforms.
Technologies You’ll Work With:
- MySQL / GraphQL / Redis
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- WordPress / WooCommerce (Cart/Checkout development or Plugin development experience is a plus)
- Performance Optimizations
- AB Testing frameworks
- Analytics platforms
- Atomic Design
- AWS / ElasticSearch
- Cross Browser Compatibility Testing & Accessibility
WHAT YOU BRING
- Strong PHP and React skills.
- Working experience with WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Self motivated and self starter.
- An eye towards innovation.
- Ready to try new ideas and execute them.
- Team player ready to debate technical approaches with the whole team.
- Passionate about the end user experience.
- Clear and open communication skills.
- Flexible working between multiple development environments.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $110,000 - $125,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.