ULTRA MOBILE is seeking a talented Sr. Lead Engineer to join the Engineering Team! Individual reports to AVP, Engineering. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Sr. Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be a hands-on Lead to a group of off-shore and on-shore engineers. You will take an active role in software design and software delivery.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Software Design and Development of prototypes and tools that cross full stack - from UI, DevOps, Backend, Data Services, etc.
- Passion, understanding, and continual learning of best practices, both in process and development.
- Define, delegate and manage work & assignments to offshore teams.
- Work closely with offshore Team Supervisors to level up the talent.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development.
- Experience with Open API’s- including End of Life Treatments.
- Has full understanding of SDLC processes and helping extend SDLC.
- Skillful in Unit Testing and BDD.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, and Agile and Scrum related tools.
- Experience with SPA architecture, React, and Angular.
- Experience leading Off-Shore Teams.
- Experience working with Off-Shore Vendors.
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onshore, offshore, near shore).
- Posses mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $155,000 - $185,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.