ULTRA MOBILE is seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to join the eCommerce Engineering Team! Individual reports to Sr. Director, Engineering. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our ecommerce team is revolutionizing the way that people shop for and buy wireless service. Our Lead Software Engineer will lead an engineering team, focused on improving customer facing tools and experiences that help make complicated decisions easier for visitors. You’ll be managing a team, designing software, and ensuring timely delivery of products. This role is focused on architectural decisions, mentoring, and team leadership. You will be regularly challenged to leverage your experience to help support critical business objectives. You’ll have to be flexible and quick, but you won’t be alone. We have a strong team of technical peers, support from technical leadership within the company, and a team of skilled and driven engineers.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Work with the team to plan, build, test, and deploy new features.
- Mentor and help grow the technical capacity of your team.
- Be asked to design and implement new tech stacks necessary to support ecommerce.
- Help make our ecommerce software better for both customers and engineers.
- Identify improvements and follow through with an execution plan -- leading to deployment of your ideas in weeks.
- Ensure our teams hit critical milestones on time with quality software.
- Think critically about our entire software / infrastructure / processes and propose improvements to support a better engineering environment.
- Experiment with new technologies and educate the rest of the team.
- Provide insightful feedback and direction to the code generated by your team.
- Take ownership of features and be wholly responsible for all components of new functionality.
- Propose and lead development of new platform features.
- Be involved in day to day team leadership and help sculpt the ecosystem around your team.
- Execute some of our technically challenging and critical projects.
Technologies You’ll Work With:
- MySQL / GraphQL / Redis / Memcached
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- Build scripts (webpack, etc)
- WordPress / WooCommerce (Plugin/Theme development exp is a plus)
- AWS / ElasticSearch
- Lambda / API Gateways
- Headless WordPress / JAM stack is a plus
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience leading software engineering teams and a passion for mentorship.
- Experience in WordPress and WooCommerce theme/plugin development is a big plus.
- Experience in addressing scaling issues of B2C websites.
- Expert knowledge of multiple analytics platforms.
- Knowledge about supporting the LAMP stack on AWS (caching, databases, platforms, pipelines, etc.).
- Articulate your opinions and expertise about software implementations, technical approaches and end user experience.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $140,000 - $160,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.