ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Retention Marketing Manager to level up our Marketing Operations team in Costa Mesa!
This position ideally would be locally at our HQ in Costa Mesa, however is open for Remote.
The Retention Marketing Manager will have a unique blend of strategic and tactical skills and be accountable to maintain, enhance, and execute business tactics aimed at preserving customers and improving value. This position will be responsible for strategizing and executing marketing automations, segmentation, and complex workflow builds to drive subscriber growth, engagement, and retention throughout the customer journey. Success in this role will require tight collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders including Product, Brand Marketing, and Business Intelligence.
You should have proven success in building omni-channel personalized experiences; analyzing data to make decisions and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you love rolling up your sleeves and piecing together to build technical programs that drive high-impact results at a fast-growing company, this role is for you.
What You’ll be Doing
- Work cross-functionally to develop, lead, and execute email, push, and SMS marketing strategies for lifecycle, transactional, triggered, and promotional campaigns to increase specific business KPIs and overall user LTV.
- Full funnel customer journey analytics & execution (360 Degrees of customer interaction & measured outcomes including target, reach, penetration, experience, conversion, and optimization
- Develop a strategy to amplify personalized programs that are scalable and support key business KPIs.
- Segment customer opportunity lists based on lifecycle, affinity, and communication preferences to deepen engagement and improve conversion.
- Collaborate closely with Business Intelligence to ensure data needed to execute specific campaigns is available, and if not, partner on finding solutions to pipe it into our CRM platform.
- Utilize data to monitor the performance and health of programs and identify areas for improvement; generating and testing hypotheses to improve performance.
- Establish rigorous A/B and multivariate testing agendas to test subject lines, cadence, segmentation, and timing to constantly improve results.
- Be the voice of marketing operations in all program related conversations, meetings, and brainstorms, including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand.
- Be the authority on the member journey for users; develop a deep understanding of the user mindset, behavior, and how best to use it to deliver results, all while utilizing insightful data insights.
- Create your own roadmap of initiatives that deliver KPIs that align with Growth and Retention roadmaps.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, quantitative or technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, push, SMS, in-app, site, etc.).
- You have 4+ years of working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP/CRM Tool (Iterable, Braze, BlueShift, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- You have 2+ years experience developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, utilizing email, push, and site initiatives.
- You have a deep understanding of CRM, data structures, and how to integrate the two.
- You are comfortable with quantitative analytics and have experience translating data into business and consumer insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fervent attention to detail and QA process. You are confident deploying emails to millions of users free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- You have cross-functional team experience and shown ability to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- You are a creative thinker with the ability to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Proficient with Excel
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!