ULTRA MOBILE is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team! Individual reports to AVP, Engineering: Core Services. Role is remote; must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Develop and make changes to company’s existing sites and applications.
- Develop enhancements to our SPA-style subscriber activation portal.
- Implement design changes as our brand’s vision and product offerings evolve.
- Build and maintain mobile-optimized sites to ensure a robust user experience on all device sizes.
- Work with our API team to come up with fast, scalable solutions for company and consumer needs.
- Collaborate with the Technology team via an Agile development workflow.
- Learn and try modern web technologies while balancing some level of backwards browser compatibility.
- Manage Production platforms (Web, API’s, App Dev, Batch Jobs).
- Track issues with tools such as JIRA and Quality Center.
- Ability to build a Message Queue.
- Troubleshoot WSDL, XML and API errors.
- Parse, search and slice our logs.
- Write solid, detailed SQL queries.
- Debug SOAP and REST Web service logs.
- Mentor new hires and interns.
- Make recommendations for improvements on current systems, processes, and services as needed.
- Contributes to software design, development, and delivery of projects.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Senior Engineer with working knowledge of front end, back end and database development, with specialization in one or more.
- Proficient with common data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to architect a solution with little oversight.
- Ability to learn new technical programs and capabilities.
- Previous experience managing production platforms (Web, API’s, App Dev, Batch Jobs).
- Communicate effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write clean and understandable code.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to handle critical issues that may arise.
- Understand high availability, robust systems and scalability principles.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments with little guidance.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $150,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses, incentive stock options and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.