ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team!
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Develop and make changes to company’s existing sites and applications.
- Develop enhancements to our SPA-style subscriber activation portal.
- Implement design changes as our brand’s vision and product offerings evolve.
- Build and maintain mobile-optimized sites to ensure a robust user experience on all device sizes.
- Work with our API team to come up with fast, scalable solutions for company and consumer needs.
- Collaborate with the Technology team via an Agile development workflow.
- Learn and try modern web technologies while balancing some level of backwards browser compatibility.
- Manage Production platforms (Web, API’s, App Dev, Batch Jobs).
- Track issues with tools such as JIRA and Quality Center.
- Ability to build a Message Queue.
- Troubleshoot WSDL, XML and API errors.
- Parse, search and slice our logs.
- Write solid, detailed SQL queries.
- Debug SOAP and REST Web service logs.
- Supports Engineering team with other tasks as assigned.
- Mentor new hires and interns.
- Make recommendations for improvements on current systems, processes, and services as needed.
- Contributes to software design, development, and delivery of projects.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or similar role.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full stack engineer with working knowledge of front end, back end and database development, with specialization in one or more.
- Proficient with common data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to architect a solution with little oversight.
- Ability to learn new technical programs and capabilities.
- Previous experience managing production platforms (Web, API’s, App Dev, Batch Jobs).
- Communicate effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write clean and understandable code.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to handle critical issues that may arise.
- Understand high availability, robust systems and scalability principles.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments with little guidance.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.