ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Lead Software Engineer to level up our Engineering Team!
As Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be an individual contributor who will take an active role in software design and software delivery.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Software Design and Development of prototypes and tools that crosses full stack - from UI, DevOps, Backend, Data Services, etc.
- Passion, understanding, and continual learning of best practices, both in process and development.
- A software language polyglot experience with multiple languages and to know when to pick the best tools.
- Ability to be assigned a problem and take ownership with minimal guidance.
- Highly motivated self-learner.
- Lead a team of direct reports responsible for delivering projects that enable new features and functionality.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development.
- Well-versed in software pattern and software design.
- Has full understanding SDLC processes and helping extend SDLC.
- Skillful in Unit Testing and BDD.
- Savvy in NOSQL and multiple OLTP databases.
- Strong skills in Queues, PubSub and Data Streaming - for example: SQS/SNS, Kafka.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, and Agile and Scrum related tools.
- Experience with SPA architecture, React, and Angular.
- Experience leading a team and helping your team grow.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.