Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: Geldermalsen, the Netherlands
Do you like to work on product development in a multidisciplinary team? Are you able to gather and translate requirements into a tangible product? Can you create designs using 3D CAD/thermal analysis software? Do you have a hands-on attitude? Do you have what it takes to bring your designs to the market by delivering high quality product documentation to our factory?
If you fit this profile, you might be our new Mechanical Engineer specialized in head and flow management.
What will you be doing?
As part of the Hardware R&D department, you will work on printer development projects. You will also contribute to project planning.
What will your team look like?
This position is within Ultimaker’s Hardware team which is part of Ultimaker’s R&D division. You will be reporting directly to the Hardware Department Manager and work closely with your colleagues in the R&D division. We work in project teams which include software, electronics, process, and mechanical engineers and which are guided by an R&D project leader.
Do you fit this profile:
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in designing for thermal requirements in products and processes using FEM/CFD analysis and thermal measurements.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant design work.
- Hands-on experience with ability to quickly design and build prototypes.
- Experienced in Ansys, Solidworks and Solidworks PDM or equivalent.
- A proactive, passionate, inventive team player
- Having the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, interacting with several different kind of stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the capability to zoom out to.
- Excellent proficiency of the English language.
Definitely a plus:
- Ability to full fill a leading role, guiding a small team of engineers, and interacting with different stakeholders.
- Experience with 3D printing.
- Knowledge and/or experience with other engineering disciplines (electronics, software, mechatronics, physics)
- Proficiency of the Dutch language.
- 27 days holiday plus the option to purchase more
- Commuting allowance
- Personal development budget
- LinkedIn learning account
- Ultimaker Academy
- Pension contribution
- Thursday evening tinker nights – come and tinker with printers and protolab equipment
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
More details about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Check out on our blog
Find us on YouTube
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact us by sending your motivation letter and résumé (in English).
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.