Channel Account Manager, VAR and Consultative Partners, North America
Take a lead role in growing revenue across North America through key relationships with Ultimaker’s Value Added Resellers (VARs) & Consultative Partners
Do you want to play a critical role in the rapidly expanding US revenue team, and be part of the global revolution taking place in digital distributed manufacturing as a result of the latest 3D printing technologies? We’re looking for an experienced Channel Sales professional to join the North American team and help take partner engagement and new-partner expansion to a higher level of professional excellence.
Ultimaker’s channel partner team is focused on penetrating new verticals, territories and customers together in partnership with VARs and specialist consulting partners. The team owns the strategic and commercial development of all revenue channels, as well as day-to-day management and enablement of the partner network.
You will report into the regional VP, and you will be responsible for pioneering improved partner management, including the successful rollout of the new Ultimaker Partner Program (launching late 2021), to significantly accelerate revenue and end customer hardware, software and services adoption. You bring deep experience collaborating with a range of channel partner types in multiple geographic locations, as well as servicing various industry sub-segments. You have the ability to influence change within a fast-growing organization and have a track record of exceeding results through strategic, bilateral partnerships.
Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Flexible across North America (preference for the Boston area)
Our worldwide HQ is in Utrecht, Netherlands, and we’re investing to accelerate our growth and we're looking to expand our global team, especially in North America, and create a lasting footprint in the 3D Printing market. Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transformation to flexible, empowering and sustainable solutions. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
The consultative & VAR partner network will bring best-in-class expertise and knowledge of Ultimaker’s technology, as well as value added services such as the enablement of new applications and industry-leading response time and service quality. As Ultimaker continues to scale its 3D printing business globally, we are expanding our solutions’ availability through new resellers. By doing so, Ultimaker hopes to help local businesses accelerate their adoption of cutting edge additive manufacturing (3D Printing) technologies and overall digital transformation.
As the Channel Account Manager, you are the “business owner” for a number of key existing partners for Ultimaker, and you will also be accountable your territory’s revenue contribution, as well as recruiting and onboarding new partners in order reach annual targets.
You will track and drive your KPI’s and action plans to reach annual targets and develop measures to stay ahead, including actions to enable, develop, motivate and support the partners through regular meetings for pipeline management, marketing campaign planning, industry events, forecasting, etc.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
Key elements of your output and success:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Ultimaker's capabilities, channel strategy, and sales process
- Develop a partner selection and recruitment framework to drive selection of the best-in-class VARs and consultative partners within the region for Ultimaker
- Be on a path to drive significant growth from the channel portfolio - The goal is to double the revenue from our consultative channel partners
- Work with the new and existing partners, set partner revenue and growth goals and drive channel development plans to meet and exceed those goals - within 12 months.
- Develop marketing strategy and action points with a marketing manager to strategically position Ultimaker in the market and build brand awareness via positive visibility.
- Canvass, initiate, and qualify sales leads and follow through to ensure a solid sales funnel with all partners
- Facilitate joint visits with partners’ sales representatives to end users
- Achieve world class partner net promoter scores and excellent feedback from the customers of our channel partners
- Lead a diligent business rhythm with all partners - QBRs, MBRs, an executive sponsorship mapping
WHAT DO YOU BRING
Experience and knowledge:
- Education: University degree, MBA nice to have
- 10+ years of international B2B channel development experience including in-depth understanding of system integrators, channel/partner programs and funnel management.
- In depth experience with structured sales, plans, budgets, pipeline management, marketing and people management in sales.
- Extensive solution sales experience and track record working with value added resellers.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
Skills and competences:
- Empathy: track record of developing a deep understanding of our partners and customers and turning those insights into strategies that result in significant revenue growth
- Leadership: ability to recruit and grow excellent talent and create a team culture of winning while respecting the company values - this role will be accountable for driving significant MRR through our indirect channels
- Manufacturing expertise - solid grasp of manufacturing industry with an emphasis on technical solutions
- Test and Learn Mindset: ability to execute in an intense, face-pasted, highly iterative environment
- Cross-Functional Collaboration - experience collaborating effectively with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Sales / Go-to-Market: demonstrated success developing and executing sales/marketing enablement playbooks and tools to drive new business with/through for partners
- Business Thinking: ability to identify and leverage synergies across the business to make an impact
- Execution Focused: motivated by success and passion for delivering business results; demonstrated excellence in exceeding quota on a regular basis
- Influence: ability to direct, persuade, and motivate others without direct authority; flexes style/approach as the situation requires
- Resiliency: adaptable to change and effective when facing ambiguity; thinks outside the box to solve for key stakeholders in the short and long-term
- Strategic Thinking: plans and makes decisions in the framework of the company strategy - ability to help shape our partner strategy and modify our commercial models to drive significant growth.
ULTIMAKER’S FOOTPRINT IN THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET
Ultimaker started it’s operations in the US in 2016 and has grown to a $25M+ business, gaining 25%-30% market share and a current partner network of 1 distributor and 45 resellers. The go-to-market approach has been a traditional approach and revenue is generated mainly by transactional selling.
Now we are entering the next phase of growth. Ultimaker strives to double it’s revenue and grow in 5 years to a $50M+ business, maintaining a market share of 25-30% throughout that period. In order to realize this ambitious, profitable growth strategy, Ultimaker needs to get beyond transactional sales. Ultimaker and its Channel Partners will increasingly focus on customer objectives (instead of product pitches) so they create more sustainable value, which results in bigger, longer term deals, and ultimately, a more differentiated market position.