Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: Geldermalsen, the Netherlands. You live and are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
We at Ultimaker take growth seriously and know that, as technology gets more and more integrated into the workflow and as demand for speedy quality service and products increases, exceptional software engineers are crucial to our success.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3d Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
The printer software is a crucial part of our 3D-printers and it has a great impact on the whole offering we have at the customer. As a software engineer you will work closely with engineers from various disciplines, system testers and UX designers to create the best products. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Embedded Systems department. Together we set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What will a typical day look like? During the morning stand-up, you touch base with your own team and discuss priorities and whether anyone needs your help. After the stand-up you will work on developing a new feature until it’s lunchtime. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model and you think about 3D printing it later at home. After lunch, you have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a new feature. You extend the automated tests that will be run after this night’s software build. And before you leave home, you review some work from one of your peers.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You show daily results based on your technical background and your team player skills. You work closely and effectively with your peers, also from other R&D disciplines in a multidisciplinary way to create awesome products. Our teams are extremely enthusiastic and motivated, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write excellent code, conduct unit tests, and help refine user stories. Finding creative thinking, you’ll deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement in our products. This includes:
- Reviewing and testing work from peers
- Working intensively with your peers
- Participation the daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and demos
- Create awesome software
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Education: Technical University Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Physics, Data Sciences, Mechatronics, Informatics, or equivalent
- Mastering at least two of the following programming languages: Python, QT, C++
- Mastering how to properly design and engineer system behaviour
- Affiliation with electronics and mechanics
- Ability to find innovative solutions if already known solutions are insufficient
- Ability to deal adequately with unexpected work situations
- Ability to support improving our agile way of working
- A proactive, passionate, inventive team player
- Flexible and quality oriented attitude
- Capability to zoom out to work under pressure
- A productive attitude that works toward solutions
- Very good communication skills in English
Definitely a plus
- Three years or more relevant working experience at product development working with technical team members from different backgrounds
- Mastering how to properly build and debug hardware abstraction layers
- Experience with working in scrum teams
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with 3D printing (FDM)
- Experience managing Linux for embedded devices (kernel, device trees, boot and provisioning)
- Experience writing drivers
- Having the potential to grow after some years to an architect or another leading role
- Very good communication skills in Dutch
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join us and together we can make it happen!
Check out on our blog
Find us on YouTube
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please apply now by sending your motivation letter & résumé in English.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.