Is quality improvement your passion and do you look outside in through the eyes of our customers how they perceive and appraise our 3d Printers? You feel that your mission, together with your colleagues in the Quality Department, is to ensure that nothing gives rise to disappointment: the shape of the printer, the feel of the touch screen, the sound of moving parts when operated…
Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Zaltbommel, the Netherlands.
You live in the Netherlands and are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Availability to travel to our locations in the Netherlands - Geldermalsen, Utrecht and Zaltbommel - at request will be required post Covid.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. Do you have the mindset, ambition and work ethic to help realize our mission and change the way the world operates? Please read on!
Ultimaker takes Quality compliance very seriously and knows that, as technology gets more and more integrated into the workflow and as demand for speedy quality service and products increases, the role of the Quality engineer is incremental to Ultimaker’s success.
As our new Senior Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic quality systems within the Ultimaker SC&M organization.
You will report directly to the Manager Quality SC&M and work closely with a team consisting of Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians. You will also have constant contact with different stakeholders along the value chain.
You will work with different stakeholders to help to improve the quality of our supply chain, products, and services. This includes working on the reliability and continuity of parts to reduce waste and variance.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
As the Senior Quality Engineer, you will:
- Support the quality control operation, taking ownership of any issues that may arise and see that these are resolved plus prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain the standards, analyzing results, adjusting, and updating where needed, and driving and supporting continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Ultimaker process quality systems.
- Represent the Quality Assurance team in New Product Introduction projects. This will entail the coordination of QA team member and support in the engineering of prototype builds for commercial launch. A combination of both hands-on and supervising role.
- Perform Quality Systems audits at various steps in the value chain (both internal and external at suppliers), including report out and follow-up.
- Work closely with internal stakeholder to generate and track metrics to measure internal and external quality performance.
- Work with and actively train stakeholders in the value chain, actively working towards a quality mindset and culture.
- Identify Cost of Poor Quality and contribute to the team result in reducing this Cost of Poor Quality.
- Ensure compliance to Ultimaker process requirements at internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality engineering functions.
- You have a proven track record in performing internal and external audits.
- Having experience at Green or Black Belt level in Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement projects is preferable.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 Experience with IATF 16949:2016 ISO 13485:2016 (or similar).
- Experience with High tech equipment manufacturing (e.g. Automotive, Aerospace and/or other discrete manufacturing).
- You have proven knowledge and experience with quality tools and methods such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis and 8D problem solving.
- Analytical, data driven, accurate, didactive, patient and agile, customer & service orientation are your core competencies.
- Strong ethics.
- You are strong in planning, able to prioritize and are able to push back where necessary in order to reach your KPI's;
- You are fluent English written and spoken. Dutch is preferred.
- You have a high energy level, are results oriented and are willing to do what it takes to grow yourself and the team;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience.
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension.
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport.
- 27 days of paid leave per year.
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer.
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment.
- Work in a young and energetic team.
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway.
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receive your resume and motivation letter in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.