Location: Geldermalsen, Utrecht, Remote (max 40%)
As an ambitious and technically focused company, we keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help our team to build, run and manage the Ultimaker platform consisting of 3D printers and (cloud) software to support the full 3D Printing workflow.
Does this sound like you? Are you looking for a working environment where you can be yourself? Then, keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with developers and product specialists to deploy and maintain services that help our customers to optimize their 3D printing workflows. You will focus on the cloud part of our platform, that is implemented as a Python microservices architecture running on Kubernetes in the Google Cloud Platform.
You will improve the developer’s workflows through proactive evaluation of suitable tools. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of (online) services and will react quickly to incidents and downtimes. You are self-sufficient and think outside the box and actively engage with your team to get the work done.
In this position, you will be:
- Working intensively with your Scrum team members
- Joining the daily standup meetings and demos
- Defining a vision on how to effectively run and scale our services and implementing it
- Helping create awesome solutions, you will focus on the devops part but will help the team building features as well.
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers and product owners and you will help to create the best software products. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. You keep an eye on the production systems and check the metrics for performance issues. After working on designing the new CI system, you merge a PR from a colleague on GitHub. You always have a terminal open with several SSH sessions as well as a browser tab with the documentation wiki. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. You have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very exciting new service.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in container-based cloud environments and a thorough understanding of containerization
- Strong Linux / Unix background
- Extensive experience in designing, maintaining and building CI environments (both online and offline)
- Experience supporting network infrastructure like firewalls, DHCP, DNS
- Experience supporting 24x7 high availability internet application environments including web, database and load balancing systems
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code / GitOps patterns
- In-depth experience with deployment of production systems
- Extensive experience of working in agile development teams
- A proactive, passionate and inventive attitude
- Good communication skills in English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Terraform, Istio, Helm, Flux, Vault
- Programming skills (preferably Python)
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- Work from home 2 days per week (if you want to)
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please apply now by sending your motivation letter & résumé in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.