Problem solver with people skills
For our headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Ultimaker is looking for a Customer Support Lead to support our partners (distributors and resellers).
Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands. Post-Covid travel to the office 2-3 days a week is required.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3d Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
Ultimaker is looking for a customer-focused Customer Support lead to join our Customer Services team. You support the partners that sell our products and you are the 1st line technical support. You also provide excellent customer service to the users who have purchased our software packages, directly. You have a leading role in the US support team, taking ownership of the day to day operational performance of the region and bringing in continuous improvements.
We offer global 24/5 customer service, and therefore, even though your primary focus will be the EMEA region, you will extend your scope globally as part of the global Customer Service specialist team. Internally, you work closely with channel sales managers, application engineers in the region and product experts and back office.
You have a strong background in customer service that includes supporting hardware and software and you have an interest in working directly with clients and partners to provide consultative solutions, process optimizations and education based on their business needs.
You report into our VP Customer Service, located in the Netherlands. You have 9 peers, located the US, EMEA and APAC, who work closely together with our Product Management, R&D and Sales teams.Your external stakeholders are our partners (the distributor and resellers) in the EMEA and end-customers.
You always strive to stay ahead of the game and pro-actively update the toolbox that we provide to our partner network to keep them up-to-date on all need-to-knows around our service.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
Being a contact point for our partners, customers and Ultimaker, your success is measured by customer and partner happiness and the drivers for it, such as response times and resolution times. You do not just manage your own, but also actively manage the results of the partners in your primary scope.
Your focus will be on making it easy for Ultimaker users and partners to create competitive advantage by working with the Ultimaker 3D printing platform and maximize our customers’ potential post-sales.
That implies not just solving single issues, but also having a pro-active mindset and helping to prevent similar issues from happening again. Your consultative approach, quick response time and problem-solving capabilities make our partners and customers feel that they made the right decision to go with Ultimaker.
You are responsible for:
AFTER SALES SUPPORT TO PARTNERS in the EMEA but also supporting APAC and US partners in the EMEA time zone, using Zendesk Customer Service software. You are the 2nd line of support and our partners are the 1st line of Support to the users of our solutions. On average you touch about 25-30 inquiries a day and this will be 50-70% of your time.
- Direct support to resellers and distributors remote, leveraging the capabilities of our service network. You are the escalation point for operational issues and the linking pin to the internal Ultimaker organization.
- Interact directly with customers to help them make use of our 3d printing software packages in a set time frame.
- Checking and approving warranty claims and return requests from our resellers.
DRIVE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Set and implement best practices for the service in your region. This may include product and service documentation, small group (online) training, communications
- Work with our manufacturing partner, the channel sales team, product experts, application engineers and back office to stay ahead of the game, make sure the tool boxes for our partner network are up-to-date and issues are managed actively, in a customer focused manner and be prevented in the future.
- Analyze and clarify customer requests by researching and troubleshooting the existing knowledgebase. Collaborate on root cause analysis. Inspect cases for technical complexity and advise our customers accordingly.
MANAGE SERVICE PARTNERSHIPS
- Analyze and assess the service quality on a regular basis and enable the partners and our team to improve their service to customers of Ultimaker products and services continuously. You will work closely with channel sales, taking part in business reviews and collaborating with the head quarters or requirement product or process improvements to improve the service provided to end customers.
OWN SERVICE PERFORMANCE FOR THE US REGION
- Analyze the performance of the Customer Support Specialists (2-3 including yourself) and work with your peers and manager on improvement service improvement plans to drive customer satisfaction and effectiveness
- On-the-job coaching of junior and medior Customer Support Specialists
- Best practice setting and sharing on customer service processes in collaboration with the global team
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Business fluent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Minimum of 7 years in direct B2B (business-to-business), servicing in the technology sector. Experience with (3D) printers is a big plus.
- More than average IT skills and proven knowledge;
- Experienced in organizing and hosting B2B trainings;
- Knowledge and experience with technical support systems and troubleshooting procedures (such as Zendesk and Salesforce);
- Knowledge and experience with warranty terms and the decision making process;
- Customer and service minded attitude;
- Pro-active problem solver, flexible, strong communicative skills;
- Team player;
- Eager and fast learner;
- Data savvy, strong analytical skills.
- High energy level, you are results oriented and are willing to do what it takes to grow yourself and the team;
- Strong in planning, able to prioritize and are able to push back where necessary in order to reach your KPI's;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
- Education: technical degree is a plus, or gained through work experience;
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience;
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension;
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport;
- 26 days of paid leave per year;
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer;
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment;
- Work in a young and energetic team;
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join us and together we can make it happen!
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter in English.