Business enabler who translates business needs into functionality
For our Global IT organization, working out of our Headquarters in Utrecht, Ultimaker is looking for a Senior Salesforce Functional/Business Analyst who supports our Salesforce community (consisting of internal stakeholders and our external partner network) to get the most out of Salesforce (Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud applications) and help the business achieve their objectives.
Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands. Post-Covid travel to the office 2-3 days a week is required.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3D Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
Salesforce is one of the strategic pillars of Ultimaker’s IT strategy and is therefore an important and growing platform that will have a great impact on our joint success.
On a daily basis, you operate as part of a small scrum team, working closely with the product owner of the Salesforce Platform scrum team. Hierarchically, you report into our CIO, responsible for Global IT Operations, located in the Netherlands. You are part of a small scrum team, consisting of two internal Salesforce experts, together with various peers at business side and two external suppliers who provide development skills and specialist support.
Your external stakeholders are our worldwide partners (the distributor and resellers) using our Salesforce portal.
The scrum team you are part of, is expected to grow over time as will the number of modules that we use of Salesforce. This means that you are somebody that embraces change and sees these changes as opportunities.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You will review and analyze business processes, services and information needs with a view to implementing change management initiatives to improve the user experience and increase productivity. You elicit, document, and analyze requirements around business challenges, and then produce data-driven solutions. You are an interpreter and the go-to person when it comes to communication between IT and business stakeholders to ensure all involved work together to attain the best results.
You ensure full utilization and tailoring of the platform to match and support business objectives, using agile techniques and strategies. You enjoy thinking of pragmatic, yet scalable solutions within Salesforce.
Key elements of your output and success:
BUSINESS ANALYSES: You consult and liaise with stakeholders to gather and confirm business requirements. You analyze and consolidate information to develop solutions to ensure business requirements are achieved. You partner with key stakeholders to identify how business requirements can be delivered to ensure improved user experiences and reduced cost and time impacts. You provide expert advice on application solutions.
CONFIGURE SOLUTIONS: You configure and implement the solutions yourself or liaise with our suppliers on how to develop solutions.
SYSTEM SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE: Maintenance and issue solving will take about 20% of your time. You oversee all system maintenance and configuration. You supervise and advise on all system enhancements. Monitor and analyze site metrics, system performance, and user activity. You perform new release evaluations and execute new functionality rollouts. You lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve user experiences and increase efficiencies. You regularly audit data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvements.
Besides that, you help our Salesforce users with issues they might experience. In that, you have a pro-active mindset because you know that delivering solutions fast and accurately will improve the efficiency of the Salesforce users a great deal. You are an experienced trouble-shooter who loves digging into the Salesforce platform, looking for root causes or solutions. You are a structured thinker with an organized mind, who knows that a minimal set of administration is part of job.
REPORTING: You develop reports and dashboards to support the delivery of business key metrics.
TRAINING: You deliver effective training modules and user guides. You identify and develop super user knowledge and capabilities across the business. You like educating people on all the good stuff that is and will be in Salesforce. Besides that, you frequently update our Salesforce Intranet site with Q&A’s and handy tips and advice.
SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE: Since the Salesforce platform is of growing importance for Ultimaker, you are curious when it comes to exploring new modules or releases. This curiosity helps to evaluate new releases and modules in a speedy fashion, thereby being able to advice your product owners and business stakeholders. You attend Salesforce User Groups relevant to the role and industry. You participate in Cloud Technology webinars and events. You research, evaluate and recommend new technologies to support the growth and strategic direction of the business.
Your consultative approach, quick response time and problem-solving capabilities make that, after Salesforce users have been in contact with you, they feel they received excellent service and interact with a specialist who really knows his or her way around the Salesforce platform.
If you like, there is room in your daily routine to grow into analysing more complex architectural Salesforce requests, including integrations with other Ultimaker platforms. This means that over time, you might be able to grow into a Salesforce Solution Architect.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
Experience and knowledge:
- Education: Technical University, gained through work experience.
- At least 3 years of hands-on technical experience with Salesforce, preferably Sales and Marketing domains;
- 1-2 years project management experience. Proven track record of completing projects on time, on budget and to specification requirements;
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining system processes and procedures;
- Experience in creating business cases for technology-related solutions;
- Knowledge of best-practice sales and marketing processes (desirable);
- Knowledge and experience with warranty terms and the decision making process;
- Experience in working in scrum teams.
Skills and competences:
- Business fluent written and oral communication skills in English;
- High level problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener with the ability to really understand the business needs and issues;
- Strong ability to engage and influence stakeholders, at all levels across the business
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritize and are able to push back where necessary;
- Customer and service minded attitude;
- Team player;
- Eager and fast learner, curious to learn more about the Salesforce platform;
- Data savvy, strong analytical skills;
- High energy level, you are results oriented and are willing to do what it takes to grow yourself and the team;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience;
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension;
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport;
- 27 days of paid leave per year;
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer;
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment;
- Work in a young and energetic team;
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join us and together we can make it happen!
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.