Problem solver with people skills
Location: Utrecht (HQ), Zaltbommel or Geldermalsen. Post-Covid travel to the office 2-3 days a week is required.
Working hours: Full time or at least 32 hours
Ultimaker is looking for a client-focused, Senior ICT Support Engineer to join our ICT & Security team. You will manage the IT applications and infrastructure of Ultimaker and provide consultative solutions related to any issues impacting our employee productivity that may be associated with infrastructure, and application anomalies. The team is based in our office in Utrecht. We also support on-site on our locations in Geldermalsen or Zaltbommel. Our overseas locations in Singapore and the USA are supported remote.
You’ll be part of team of around 10 IT & Security professionals that manage the IT applications and infrastructure of Ultimaker. The Ultimaker application landscape is predominately SAAS and Cloud based, with almost no legacy systems. We have implemented Microsoft “modern workplace” where our employees can work any-place anywhere. 25% of our machines run MacOS. You report into our Manager Workplace Services & Infrastructure.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
In this important role you are incremental in ensuring our IT systems runs smoothly across the whole organization and our employees have the right hardware and software infrastructure to work with and therefore you have a great impact on our joint success.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3D Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - than Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You are incremental in making it possible to maximize our employee’s potential. You do not only help our employees solve single issues, but you also have a pro-active mindset and help to prevent similar issues from happening again. You are the enabler of our employees and help them to get the most out of their applications. When employees contact you, you make sure that they are enabled to execute the solution themselves and strengthen their ability.
You know how to dig deeper and really understand the problems and needs of our customers; what the importance is for them to fix a problem speedy, what the negative impact can be for them if a solution is not found within a certain time frame. Your consultative approach, quick response time and problem-solving capabilities make that, after employees have been in contact with you, they feel they were helped first time right.
YOU ARE PART OF A TEAM THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR
OPS - SUPPORT (50% of your planned time) on devices and software in NL, Americas and APAC: Interact directly with employees to help them best make use of their applications and laptops, diagnose and solve technical hardware problems and software problems in a set time frame. Analyze and clarify customer requests by researching and troubleshooting the existing knowledgebase. Root cause analyses. Inspect cases for technical complexity and advise our customers accordingly. You check user documentation for completeness and accuracy and contribute to continuous improvement. Handling standard service requests. You will use the ITIL methodology in our Topdesk ticket system and register each ticket.
The workplace and Infrastructure team supports Ultimaker employees and systems but does not directly support end-users of our products and solutions.
DEV - NON-STANDARD CHANGES (50% of your planned time): More complex infrastructural changes non-standard changes. You will be part of a SCRUM team to implement these solutions. Every 2 weeks everyone in the team commits to certain deliverables in our backlog. And as a team we will make sure to focus on achieving these backlog items. You will also enable the team by sharing knowledge, improving our infrastructure and dive into the more complex tasks. For nonstandard changes we, as a team, SCRUM and use Jira.
You gather business requirements, select and onboard new solutions.
PRO-ACTIVELY MONITOR: You pro-actively monitor the systems remotely, ensuring that our systems are at peak performance and protected for malicious attack, addressing issues as they occur.
You perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices. Proactively monitor client systems and environments, acting to prevent customer system outages. Every team member can introduce new backlog items that we will pick up in upcoming sprints. The product owner will make sure the backlog items are prioritized for each new scrum start.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Bachelor degree level in ICT or relevant field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience with managing SAAS or Cloud-based applications;
- Knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Active Directory, PowerShell, shell scripting;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and/or Mac operating systems;
- Microsoft Windows mobile device management experience. Knowledge to implement deployment of new policies and software to
- Windows devices. We make use of Intune/Autopilot.;
- MacOS mobile device management experience. Knowledge to implement deployment of new policies and software to MacOS devices; We make use of JAMF pro with JAMF connect;
- Knowledge of IP networking;
- Affinity with security;
- Proven experience in directing tasks to external suppliers.
DEFINATELY A PLUS
- Microsoft Azure AD;
- Topdesk and Jira experience;
- ITIL foundation certified;
- Data savvy, strong analytical skills.
- Customer and service minded attitude;
- Pro-active problem solver, flexible, strong communicative skills, able to talk tech with non-tech people in English (must have) and Dutch (nice to have);
- High energy level, you are results oriented and are willing to do what it takes to grow yourself and the team;
- Strong in planning, able to prioritize and can push back where necessary in order to reach your KPI's;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience;
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension;
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport;
- 27 days of paid leave per year;
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer;
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment;
- Work in a young, diverse, international and energetic team;
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join us and together we can make it happen!
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.
Key words: Infrastructure, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Microsoft Intune, JAMF, SCRUM, TOPDESK, DEVOPS, JIRA