Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands. You live and are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Availability to travel to our locations - Utrecht, Geldermalsen and Zaltbommel - at request will be required post Covid).
Ultimaker takes QSHE compliance very seriously and knows that, as technology gets more and more integrated into the workflow and as demand for speedy quality service and products increases, the role of the QHSE manager is incremental to Ultimaker’s success.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3d Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - than Ultimaker is for you.
You report into the Head of Supply Chain & Manufacturing. To assure proper mandate and swift escalation if needed, we have an open-door policy to the CEO and the Ultimaker MT.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
You know how to further instill a mind-set within Ultimaker that investing in high QHSE standards creates competitive advantage. You know when compromising on speed results in a ROI and when speed cannot be compromised. You are data driven and you are able to present business cases that reflect that changes in procedures e.g. result in reducing cost of lost time, insurance, litigation implications, strengthen the business reputation, improve employee morale or reduce the number of instances of injury.
In this central role you co-develop and drive a company-wide adoption of Ultimaker’s policies for Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE), tied into the company strategy, purpose and values.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
PLAN AND REPORT INSIGHTS FOR ACTION: You prepare the annual plans for QSHE and monthly / quarterly report and you prepare quarterly Management Reviews – according to ISO9001/14001 - to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of the Management System, including objectives, policies, plans, procedures, audit results and metrics. Additionally, you assure reporting to the local authorities if applicable.
WELL PREPARED AND COORDINATED AUDITS: You coordinate the internal audit team, evaluate and follow up on structural improvements. You prepare for the yearly external ISO9001/14001 audit (BSI). You supervise and support other local external audits (Dekra, MET, Tuv-Sud). You keep track of local applicable regulations in the area of SH&E, work with site management, HR and the Facilities team, to deploy and follow up. Also, you secure Safety, Health and Environment site inspections and periodically perform timely Safety & Health Risk Assessments and Evaluations and follow up with the departmental a/o site management.
INSTILL A CULTURE OF QSHE AWARENESS: You nourish a culture of awareness, pro-active and positive behavior, and continuous improvement on all aspects of QSHE:
- Customer centric Quality
- People centric - site Safety and Health
- Site Environmental control and registration.
TRUSTED ADVISOR TO THE BUSINESS: You give guidance, direction and support to the organization, you train and coach the Quality leads across the departments, teams and sites, to assure compliance to local regulations, adherence to our standards, risk-control and continuous improvement. You help them to further develop our standards and tools.
You are the central point of contact in case of Health & Safety escalations, supporting adequate response actions.
DRIVE QSHE WAY OF WORKING: As a specialist in industry standards, you accompany your stakeholders on the path to process efficiency and sustainability. You co-develop, maintain and deploy - company policies for Quality, Safety, Health and Environment – usefully contributing to the company strategy, purpose and values - working closely working with stakeholders and specialists across the organization. You maintain the Risk Control Framework. You guide the Facilities team to implement a safe way of working with contractors, including a work permit procedure with Safety Checklist for Contractors. You supervise local First Response teams (BHV), assure adequate guidance and training. Evaluate dry-runs and follow up. You follow up on Safety, Health and / or Environmental incidents and escalate if needed.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Bachelor or master’s in engineering or similar
- Additional education in Quality, Safety, Health and Environment
- 10+ years of experience in a senior Quality or QSHE related role - in a fast growing international setting, ideally in high tech equipment manufacturing
- Certified Internal Lead Auditor
- Passionate for customer centric quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Analytical and well organized, creating structure and setting priorities
- Project management and change experience
- Agile if required
- Eye for customer, people and business context
- Inspiring, motivating and ‘multiplier’
- Easy communicating and building coalitions on all levels
- Assertive and demanding when and where needed
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience;
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension;
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport;
- 27 days of paid leave per year;Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer;
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment;
- Work in a young and energetic team;
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join our team and let's make it happen togehter!
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receive your resume and motivation letter in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.