Problem solver with people skills
For our new, regional America's office in Boston, Ultimaker is looking for a Technical Support Engineer in order to support and educate Ultimakers partners (distributors and resellers).
Working hours: Fulltime
Location: Boston Area/East Coast, USA. Post-Covid travel to the office 2-3 days a week is required.
Our mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our global team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3d Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
Ultimaker is looking for a client-focused, Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Services team to provide consultative solutions related to any issues impacting client productivity that may be associated with hardware, infrastructure and application anomalies.
You have a strong background working with hardware and software and have an interest in working directly with clients to provide consultative solutions and education based on their business needs.
In this important role you are a meeting point for our partners, customers, and Ultimaker teams and have a great impact on our joint success.
You report into our VP Customer Service, located in the Netherlands. You have 9 peers, located the US, EMEA and APAC and work closely together with our Product Management, R&D and Sales teams.
Your external stakeholders are our partners (the distributor and resellers) in the US & Latin America and end-customers.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You are incremental in making it possible to maximize our customers’ potential post-sales. You do not only help partners solve single issues, but you also have a pro-active mindset and help all partners to prevent similar issues from happing again. You are the enabler of our partners and help them to let customers get the most out of the Ultimaker solution. When customers contact you directly you make sure that our partners are enabled to execute the solution themselves and strengthen their ability to service their customers.
You know how to dig deeper and really understand the problems and needs of our customers; what the importance is for the customer to fix a problem speedy, what the negative impact can be for their business if a solution is not found within a certain time frame. Your consultative approach, quick response time and problem-solving capabilities make that, after customers have been in contact with the partner that you enabled, or with yourself directly, they feel they made the right decision to go with Ultimaker.
You are responsible for:
AFTER SALES SUPPORT TO PARTERS in the Americas but also supporting APAC and EMEA partners in the US time zone: E-mail and helpdesk support, using the Zendesk Customer Service software. Interact directly with customers to help customers best make use of 3D printing, diagnose and solve technical hardware problems and software problems in a set time frame. Analyze and clarify customer requests by researching and troubleshooting the existing knowledgebase. Root cause analyses. Inspect cases for technical complexity and advise our customers accordingly. Direct support to resellers and distributors remote, leveraging the capabilities of our service network. Check product and service documentation for completeness and accuracy. Communicate with product experts and R&D in order to find solutions and contribute to continuous improvement.
TRAINING: Organizing and hosting technical trainings for dealers and distributors. Monitoring dealer skills and alerting management about technical issues. Elaborate the knowledge base for internal / external use.
RETURN REQUESTS AND WARRANTY CHECKS: Checking and approving warranty claims and return requests from our resellers. Aligning with channel sales about warranty terms and conditions.
SALES SUPPORT: Advising and training salespersons about machine specifications, proper usage and features. Advising sales when specific applications or machine requirements arise
On average you touch about 30 inquiries a day.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Education: Technical University, gained through work experience;
- Business fluent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Minimum of 5 years in direct B2B (business-to-business), servicing of (3d) printing and services technology or other comparable technology;
- More than average IT skills and proven knowledge;
- Experienced in organizing and hosting B2B trainings;
- Knowledge and experience with technical support systems and troubleshooting procedures;
- Knowledge and experience with warranty terms and the decision making process;
- Customer and service minded attitude;
- Problem solver, flexible, strong communicative skills;
- Team player;
- Eager and fast learner;
- High energy level, you are results oriented and are willing to do what it takes to grow yourself and the team;
- Strong in planning, able to prioritize and are able to push back where necessary in order to reach your KPI's;
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly changing scale-up company with high ambition levels an environment which throws challenges and presents new opportunities for your future development.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience;
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension;
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport;
- 11 days of paid leave per year;
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer;
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment;
- Work in a young and energetic team;
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (once the office opens);
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway;
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Join us and together we can make it happen!
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technology advanced company? We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.