Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: Geldermalsen, the Netherlands
Are you a mechanical engineer with 1-2 years of experience or a recent graduate? Are you interested in working with the latest technology and in building a career in the field of 3D printing? Would you like to work on research and product development in a multidisciplinary team?
We are looking for sharp-minded, independent and passionate junior engineers to join our Hardware R&D team in Geldermalsen. This is your opportunity to be part of the addative manufacturing evolution that is taking place. You will get the change to do research , learn how to translate requirements into designs and eventually into tangible products which ultimately contribute to Ultimaker’s success. This is a learning by doing proces which includes making prototypes and testing.
If you fit this profile, you might be our new Mechanical Engineer.
What will you be doing?
As part of the Hardware R&D department, you will work on printer research and development projects. This includes contributing to project planning, designing, testing prototyping and improving current products.
Do you fit this profile:
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of work or internship experience in relevant design work.
- Interest and/or knowledge of 3D printing technology
- Hands-on experience with ability to quickly design and build prototypes.
- Experienced in Solidworks.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work independently while having strong teamwork capabilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent proficiency of the English language.
Definitely a plus:
- Knowledge and experience in designing for injection moulding and/or sheet metal (and/or CNC produced parts).
- Experience with tolerance analysis. Knowledge of mechanical tolerances, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in 2D drawings.
- Knowledge and/or experience with other engineering disciplines (electronics, software, mechatronics, physics)
- Good proficiency of the Dutch language.
What will your team look like?
You will report to the Hardware Department Manager and work closely with your colleagues in the R&D. You will work within project teams, guided by an R&D project leader. These include software, electronics, process, and mechanical engineers.
- 27 days holiday plus the option to purchase more
- Commuting and Working-From-Home Allowance
- Personal development budget
- LinkedIn learning account
- Ultimaker Academy
- Pension contribution
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- Thursday evening tinker nights – come and tinker with printers and protolab equipment (when the offices re-open)
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special (when the offices re-open)
Check out on our blog
Find us on YouTube
More details about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.