What will you be doing?
As a Full-Stack Web Developer at Ultimaker’s IT team, you will focus on the iterative development of the products under the web development team’s care. You will be developing, improving and maintaining web applications as part of a small SCRUM team of multidisciplinary developers. Your primary focus is developing backend systems, frontend, and infrastructure, but you will not hesitate to assist in other roles, such as testing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement new features in both existing and new products.
- Maintain and improve existing codebase by fixing defects, remove technical debt, etc.
- Collaborate on architecture, technical design and implementation of (web) applications.
- Perform code reviews to maintain codebase quality.
- As a T-shaped professional, you are also able and willing to carry out other team activities. These include, for example functional solution, incident handling and testing.
- Able to collaborate and actively contribute in discussions
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business & IT or other related specialisms and/or degrees.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience developing websites/API’s using PHP and/or NodeJS.
- Extensive experience with processes, workflows and methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, CI/CD.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, GCP, Git, Github Actions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- Pragmatic with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience developing websites/API’s using Python.
- Experience with (or desire to learn) HTML, CSS and JS, React or Vue.
- Experience developing commercially driven applications.
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011 with offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US. We are on a mission to accelerate the world’s transition to distributed manufacturing and help thousands of organizations transform how they make things. Over the years, we have grown and become a market leader globally by offering an open yet integrated product line that includes 3D Printers, Software, and Materials.
- 27 days holiday plus the option to purchase more
- Commuting allowance
- Personal development budget
- LinkedIn learning account
- Ultimaker Academy
- Pension contribution
- Thursday evening tinker nights – come and tinker with printers and protolab equipment
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Daily lunch (when the offices open)
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
Check out on our blog
Find us on YouTube
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do but also because it makes our company stronger. As part of our commitment to equal opportunity, we believe that all employees should receive equal pay for similar work.