Location: Geldermalsen & Utrecht, the Netherlands
As an ambitious and technically advanced company, we are always innovating and moving forward. We are looking for a sharp-minded and experienced React Front-end Developer to help to build out the Ultimaker ecosystem consisting of 3D printers and (cloud) software to support the full 3D Printing workflow.
Are you up to the challenge? Then, keep on reading.
What will you be doing?
As a React Front-end Developer at Ultimaker’s R&D department, you will be working on responsive web applications using the latest technologies. You will champion the development and maintenance of our core component library, that is re-used in several applications to ensure coherent styling across our portfolio. We expect a high quality that can be reliably rolled out across browsers and devices.
This means you will:
- Work on the newest features of the Ultimaker software with your scrum team and continuously deploy new features to production
- Work together with a UI designer on rolling out the Ultimaker design system
- Improve the quality standard of Ultimaker front-end and help apply this to existing products
- Coach and provide feedback for your fellow developers
- Help to set up and manage automated front-end tests
What will your team look like?
You will be working with a remarkable mix of talented software developers, testers and designers, all of which are highly motivated to improve the Ultimaker company standing in terms of products and services.
Together we work towards creating the best 3D print software ecosystem on the market. We aim to grow our portfolio rapidly with an ever-expanding list of features and services based around our new cloud architecture, and ensure the success of the company by expanding our portfolio. We set the bar high and expect you to help us excel.
Do you fit this profile?
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role in an agile environment.
- Because this is a multiple search vacancy, applicants with a minimum of 4 years of experience will also be considered for a mid-level position in the team.
- Solid understanding of core front-end web technologies; React, Typescript, Sass, and Webpack
- Proven knowledge of responsive web development, accessibility, and optimization for browsers and devices
- Experience and passion for working agile
- Strong eye for detail and opinion about usability and design from a front-end perspective
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- Flexibility and the capability to work under pressure
- A strong, social team player with experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Sketch or similar tools
- Git, Jira, Confluence
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Cypress
- Using unit tests and integration tests in a continuous integration environment
- Experience Git, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- When thing settle in to normal after the Covid-19 pandemic, the software teams will work 60% from the office and 40% from home
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please apply now by sending your motivation letter & résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.