About The Role
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain recommendation and personalization related systems, platforms, and tools at scale.
- Partner with data scientists to troubleshoot and optimize complex ML applications.
- Contribute to re-architecting Udemy’s next-generation recommendations and personalization systems.
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to identify opportunities to improve our platform.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 3+ years of full-time experience with software engineering or data engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency with Scala and Python
- Experience with big data storage and processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark
- Experience with Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Experience in design, development, and maintenance of large-scale systems
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and able to learn quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
Great if you have but not required:
- Experience in design and implementation of MLOps systems
- Experience in performance optimization of deep learning systems
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays throughout the year