At Udelv, we are creating a new type of driverless delivery vehicle. We are first-movers in the autonomous delivery sector and were the first to complete a commercial last mile autonomous delivery on public streets in the US. Udelv is using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize logistics. The company recently announced a breakthrough partnership with Mobileye, an Intel company, to use Mobileye’s autonomous driver on its next-generation vehicle, the Transporter. We have also announced the largest pre-order to date in the autonomous vehicle industry with a 1,000 Transporter pre-order from Donlen, one of America’s largest commercial fleet management companies.
Udelv’s mission is to reinvent and become the dominant player of the fast growing trillion-dollar global delivery market by reducing delivery costs up to 50%, lowering carbon emissions and making our roads safer and less congested.
- Manage the web/mobile teams and projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Develop and execute engineering strategies for the company based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Develop features for the mobile applications on iOS (Swift)
- Architect the backend and cloud services to scale the deployment of the fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement procedures and processes used by the web/mobile application teams
- Mentor and train junior and senior engineers on the team
- Develop solutions for managing cloud infrastructure and DevOps
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Work experience as a director of engineering teams or in a similar senior-level position in an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud service technologies, in particular Azure
- Strong knowledge of iOS applications (Swift - iOS) is required
- Nice to have: Java, Docker, and experience implementing IoT solutions
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent UX/UI understanding
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to manage and lead multiple assignments at once with good level of independence and decision-making aptitude
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent with at least 7 years of experience in SW development or engineering
Ideal Additional Experience:
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
- Experience with fleet/ride-sharing applications or route optimization applications is preferable.