At Udelv we are creating a new type of driverless delivery vehicle and autonomous delivery service. We are first-movers in the autonomous delivery sector and were first to complete a commercial last mile autonomous delivery on public streets. Udelv is using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation. Udelv recently announced a long-term engineering partnership with Mobileye, an Intel company, for the development of Udelv’s next-generation vehicle, the Transporter.
Udelv is developing a radically innovative electric autonomous delivery vehicle for last mile and middle mile logistics: (https://techcrunch.com/2021/04/12/ntels-mobileye-teams-with-udelv-to-launch-35000-driverless-delivery-vehicles-by-2028/). Utilizing systems and concepts built and tested in our prototypes, this third-generation vehicle will be a flexible delivery platform operating as part of Udelv’s broader technology infrastructure. This role is critical to Udelv’s vehicle development projects and coordinating the full multi-year life cycle of the system from prototype to start of production and beyond.
- Work cross-functionally with technical program management, software, mechanical, and electrical engineering, and external engineering partners to specify, systematize, integrate and verify sub-systems for autonomous delivery vehicles
- Define and track system and sub-system requirements/architectures. Develop validation test plans and support execution of system verification. Systems include autonomous driving hardware and software, teleoperations sub-components, cargo robotics among others.
- Perform trade studies on autonomous delivery vehicle components such as compute, GPS/IMU, telecommunications, networking/clocking etc.
- Lead cross-functional technical design reviews and support functional safety development
- 6+ years of professional work experience, preferably working around complex system development
- Master’s or PhD education in mechanical, electrical, computer engineering, or related fields
- Strong experience in system development and engineering analysis of products/systems covering electronics, mechanical components, controls, and safety
- Strong experience defining and executing verification testing
- Experience in the design and development of automotive or related electrical and electronic systems and/or components or hardware/software for safety critical applications
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a fast-paced, start up environment.
- Proven ability to operate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate with external development partners.
- Experience in requirement derivation, tracking and verification tests processes (V diagram) in automotive applications
- Understanding of typical vehicle communication protocols/interfaces - CAN, ethernet, GMSL etc.
- Experience in systems integration, vehicle testing, functional safety, and vehicle launch
- Software coding skills (matlab, python or C/C++)