At Udelv we are creating a new type of driverless delivery vehicle. We are first-movers in the autonomous delivery sector and were first to complete a commercial last mile autonomous delivery on public streets. Udelv is using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize this segment of transportation. Udelv recently announced a historic partnership with Mobileye, an Intel company, to use Mobileye’s autonomous driver on Udelv’s next-generation vehicle, the Transporter. Udelv also announced the largest pre-order to date in the autonomous vehicle industry with a 1,000 Transporter pre-order from Donlen, one of America’s largest commercial fleet management company.
Udelv’s mission is to reinvent and become the dominant player of the fast growing trillion dollar global delivery market by reducing delivery costs up to 50%, lowering carbon emissions and making our roads safer and less congested.
Works closely with Marketing to research legislation, draft memos, talking points, advocacy materials, compiles data, and tracks and reports on advocacy and lobbying efforts. As needed, develops marketing materials, attends policy briefings virtually, reports on legislative activities, and drafts policy summaries.
- Compiles weekly updates on legislation and any coalition activities pertaining to autonomous vehicle polices and regulations worldwide.
- Performs research and analysis using a variety of resources; drafts memos, talking points, and other advocacy documents and materials around autonomous vehicle legislation.
- Attends briefings, coalition meetings and activities, takes notes, and distributes to relevant internal capacities.
- Tracks legislation on various issues.
- Creates and maintains legislation materials to publish on company website and repository.
- Performs special projects, and miscellaneous duties as assigned, including but not limited to, social media content and presentation content.
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities.
- Recent graduate or finishing up an undergraduate degree.
- Ability to work cooperatively and interact effectively with staff, volunteers, the public and others outside the organization
- Ability to meet quick deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to apply discretion and understand the importance of organizational confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Office 365 suite
- Excellent writing and communications skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Politically interested and bipartisan-minded.
- High energy and willing to engage any situation head-on.
- Candid and ready to pressure test different strategies and ideas.
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored and improve.
- Detail-oriented and ability to conduct rapid analysis of new issues and topics.
- Desire to contribute and improve lobbying efforts that will advance autonomous policies
- Aptitude for clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Knowledge of vehicular and labor legislation preferred, particularly around autonomous vehicle legislation and its impacts
- Currently pursuing or already graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program, or equivalent combination of education and experience.