At Udelv, we are creating a new type of driverless delivery vehicle. We are first-movers in the autonomous delivery sector and were the first to complete a commercial last mile autonomous delivery on public streets in the US. Udelv is using advanced transportation and autonomous driving technologies to revolutionize logistics. The company recently announced a breakthrough partnership with Mobileye, an Intel company, to use Mobileye’s autonomous driver on its next-generation vehicle, the Transporter. We have also announced the largest pre-order to date in the autonomous vehicle industry with a 1,000 Transporter pre-order from Donlen, one of America’s largest commercial fleet management companies.
Udelv’s mission is to reinvent and become the dominant player of the fast growing trillion-dollar global delivery market by reducing delivery costs up to 50%, lowering carbon emissions and making our roads safer and less congested.
As a Vehicle Robotics Electrical Engineer and PCB Designer, you will handle the board design and production of Udelv’s proprietary uECU (Electronic Control Unit). This unit acts as the vehicle’s central computer for teleoperations, guardian systems, autonomy interface, and delivery management. You will work collaboratively with software and hardware teams.
Udelv is developing a first of its kind, purpose built autonomous delivery vehicle (Transporter). The vehicle features Udelv’s cargo robotics hardware and software. The Vehicle Robotics Electrical Engineer and PCB Designer will lead board design and hardware interface development for the vehicle robotics team. They will work with adjacent teams such as vehicle engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, among others.
- Design automotive computer systems and see them through from prototype to mass production
- Define and implement the PCB library, design rules, and configuration management processes that enable scale
- Work with vendors and third parties to produce designs quickly
- Iterate with FPGA design, network/modem and controls engineers to develop optimal design solutions that meet system requirements
- Execute board bring-up and troubleshooting with design revs and support the vehicle team with integration
- All other duties assigned
- 4+ years of post-degree work developing automotive or industrial PCB designs
- Experience designing rule creation from schematic through to layout
- Proven ability to integrate complex designs
- Experience using revision tracking software
- Experience designing boards used in automotive systems
- Experience working with FPGA’s , modems and cameras
- Degree in EE/CE or equivalent