Udelv pioneered autonomous delivery with the first public road-enabled autonomous delivery vehicle launched in January 2018. After completing more than 1,400 automated deliveries in California in 2018, Udelv launched a second-generation vehicle at CES 2019 and has since completed more than 7,000 automated deliveries on behalf of prestigious clients in Arizona and Texas. With its patented technology that fits the needs of last- and middle-mile delivery, Udelv has garnered hundreds of millions of dollars in orders and pre-orders and is on path to become one of the first AV companies to remove the safety operator on its B2B routes. Our mission is to improve people’s lives by seamlessly moving goods directly to people’s doors with a cheap, safe and sustainable technology.
As a Robotics SW Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, integration and testing of software and libraries of various systems on autonomous vehicle test vehicles. You will work cross-functionally with trajectory and planning algorithm engineers, perception and localization engineers and cloud robotics developers. The role also includes system and module level tests in the field and rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Building/Integrating software: help build and maintain a continuous integration system with hardware in the loop.
- Write unit tests and documentation.
- Write efficient networking code between the various vehicle level software and other on-board APIs.
- Modify ROS nodes for communication, implement pub/sub schemes and validate interface performance between middleware and low level hardware
- Write cloud based systems
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S in CS/EE or other related field.
- Experience with ROS middleware or other such frameworks
- Extensive software development experience (C/C++, Python)
- Experience with Linux (networking, performance monitoring)
- Experience with Cloud development (micro-services, containers)
- Extensive experience with programming and software integration
- 2+ years experience in Linux kernel and/or robotics middleware frameworks
- Experience in device driver designs that involve sensor control and data acquisition.
- Experience with message protocols (protobuf, CAN)
- Experience with a real-time control system or embedded OS.
- Experience with x86 and ARM based architecture.
- Experience with Nvidia GPUs libraries/SDKs, Open CV, Tensorflow
- Extensive experience with autonomous vehicle sensors – IMU/GPS, lidars, machine vision cameras, ultra-sonics, radars etc.