Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Dubai Chambers of Digital Economy (DCDE) and Udacity are partnering to enrol 10,000 learners in the UAE designed to upskill Emirati Nationals with employable skills. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity for you to become a Tutor for this program with Udacity. All our Tutors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst
- Bilingual in (Arabic & English) is a must
- Technical Competence: Swift Programming, Developing User Interface with SwiftUI, UX/UI design fundamentals, Networking and Concurrency (iOS-specific networking topics, such as URLSession and networking in iOS), Data persistence in iOS
- 2 years of experience in iOS Applications development
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, or webinars
- Ability to answer students' questions in both Arabic and English
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as an external contractor.
- Provide technical support for students daily over an online community forum
- Answer questions around course content over the forum and facilitate content for students who get stuck in learning
- Participate in organizing community activities in coordination with the forum’s admin to ensure a fun and engaging learning environment and to help in improving students’ progress (such as online webinars, technical quizzes, technical challenges..etc)
- Share interesting extracurricular information over its dedicated categories, such as content-related news articles and useful resources to enrich the personal and professional aspects of the community
- Attend regular online meetings/ office hours with Udacity representatives through zoom, the online forum, or other medians if needed.
- Be responsive over close groups and discussions with Udacity representatives
- Provide students with 1:1 support over the community forum or using other medians if needed
- Tutors should check their private tutor’s category on the forum on a daily basis to be up to date with all the latest news from your peer tutors, community moderators, and your Udacity community manager
Why should you apply?
- Work remotely as an External Contractor
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Tutor Guidelines.
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.