Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Udacity’s Content Team is looking for a rock-star learning architect who will be responsible for ensuring that our students receive the best possible learning experience. A content learning architect is an engineer, teacher, and mentor who uses their technical and instructional design skills to craft learning journeys and ensure our content is of the highest quality. Learning architects troubleshoot content related issues, update content, provide insightful feedback on course content to Udacity's development team, and work cross-functionally with other teams across Udacity including mentor operations, student services, sales, and solution architects.
Udacity is a fast-paced work environment in a flat organizational structure that puts a lot of emphasis on autonomy and collaboration to deliver results. We’re looking for a self-starter who can operate under pressure in the face of uncertainty and is comfortable developing structure and process where none may yet exist. It’s a demanding role with a tremendous upside for the right candidate.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in Full-Stack Web Development
- 2+ years of experience in Mobile development (Android and iOS)
- Proficiency in database technology such as SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Proficient in debugging technical issues within code
- Prior experience teaching/tutoring students of multiple levels of mastery
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective to identify areas for improvement
- Instructional design and curriculum development experience is a plus
- Tailor learning journeys based on desired learning outcomes
- Developing assessments to gauge applicants’ readiness for admission to learning journeys
- Triage and correct urgent content issues
- Review and revise course content as needed, including technical solutions, to ensure it satisfies Udacity quality standards and style guidelines
- Anticipate and identify potential student drop-off points in program content
- Analyze student and customer feedback and, user testing data, and prioritize revisions to improve content effectiveness and student outcomes
- Review and approve content submissions from content contributor network; ensure content improvements deliver the target outcomes
- Empathetic and a great mentor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Driven by data to constantly iterate and improve
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A strong advocate for Udacity students and our vision
- A team player
- Creative and knows how to give constructive feedback to improve educational and technical material
- Passionate about learning and can learn quickly
- Ability to take initiative and follow through. Driven by outcomes
- Experience selling learning solutions is a plus, but not required
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.