Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Udacity Data Team is looking for a Data Engineer to help us to design and develop Udacity’s company-wide data solutions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable talking to data analysts, understand the data that power their products, generalize it and implement common fact tables across the company.
This is a high-impact opportunity and you’ll be a part of a team of highly talented Data Engineers, as well as Data Analysts and Data Scientists. The system you will be working on consists of a cloud-based data lake and is built completely on AWS using technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, Postgres and Redshift.
- Design and develop infrastructure and tools for our data system
- Work across multiple data analysts to brainstorm the data points behind their dashboard and generalize it in form of “fact stores”
- Build out the cloud-based data solution using technologies such as Spark and Airflow on AWS
- Work with stakeholders from other departments and successfully translate their requirements to engineering solutions
- Produce high quality readable code in an agile setting
- B.Tech or MS in Computer Science , MIS or related degrees
- 5+ years of experience working in the software industry
- Solid understanding and experience practicing Agile software development methodologies such as test driven development
- Good understanding in the principles of building robust data processing pipeline and track record of putting them in practice
- Hands-on experience working with Apache Spark, AWS and relational databases
- Proficiency in Scala, Python and SQL
- Experience working with container-based stacks such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience working with remote teams is a strong plus
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.